Need Me One Of Those Half Covers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XLR8

Friday Driver
Reaction score
I need one of those half covers to put over the FJR when it's parked at work to keep the sun off the plastic bits. Even though it will be larger I plan to use it for the FZ1 too.

A while back on the other board someone posted a link to some Nelson Riggs (they seem good enough) covers and indicated which size fits the FJR. I can't find that post.

Can anyone help a guy out?

-r

I was thinking of the Nelson-Rigg UV-2000. It's a half cover. I'm just wondering what size would fit the FJR?

I guess I could just get XL and put the extra over other stuff.

-r

I ended up getting this:

UV-2000

Large is a perfect size for the FJR and this cover will be good for keeping the sun off the platic bits.

-r

Last edited by a moderator:
XLR8,

Do you have a topcase? I am looking for a half cover but it needs to fit over my Givi V46. I'm wondering if the large will fit mine.

XLR8,Do you have a topcase? I am looking for a half cover but it needs to fit over my Givi V46. I'm wondering if the large will fit mine.
No, I don't have a top case. The large wouldn't fit over the top case but an XL just might do the trick.

-r

I have a large and a V46 and it DOESN"T fit over the top case, it doesn't fit over the side bags either :angry:

I second the GEZA cover.

Works great, packs small and seems, so far, fairly tough.

I'm sure the price is for the exceptional fabric. Very stretchy, very strong. :agent:

I second the GEZA cover.
Works great, packs small and seems, so far, fairly tough.

I'm sure the price is for the exceptional fabric. Very stretchy, very strong. :agent:
Any problem with the Geza getting over top case, +bags, +taller shield?

I use a GEZA over the FJR, stock cases, & a Givi E460. It wants to pull up a little bit in the front (Rifle Touring W/S) but I use a small bunge cord to hold the front down. It should be mentioned that the GEZA is water repellent not water proof. Scotchgard helps make it more repellent. I used the same GEZA cover over my Concours with the same Givi top case & the stock Concours side cases. Sorry but I've had it too long to remember the size. My wife got it for me as a Christmas gift about 5 years ago. I think she went with the GEZA recommended size (Concours at the time) when she talked with them while ordering it. Good luck with whatever cover you get.