Need New Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobQ

Reaction score
I live in CT so a drive in is not going to happen, I was thinking a Russel or Bill Mayer, but I don't want to be without the bike for three to four weeks while mail ordering, so, any ideas what to do to get the driver and passenger seat pans? The oly one I have heard of that swaps out is Rick Mayer, but am not sure if that is the seat for me?

Any ideas?

Thanks Bob

keep your eyes open in the classifieds. I bought an almost new stock seat on this board. So i will be able to ride while my seat is getting built. I can also sell the custom seat separately if I sell or trade the bike.

I live in CT so a drive in is not going to happen, I was thinking a Russel or Bill Mayer, but I don't want to be without the bike for three to four weeks while mail ordering, so, any ideas what to do to get the driver and passenger seat pans? The oly one I have heard of that swaps out is Rick Mayer, but am not sure if that is the seat for me?
Any ideas?

Thanks Bob
I bought my Rick Mayers seat in the dead of winter. Two advantages to that. 1) The seat guys are looking for work and cut special deals 2) It's crummy on the roads in our part of the country so your not really missing a ton of riding.

Do what I always do, get a Sargent seat. If you don't like it (I always do) you have 30 day full refund. Also comes with storage under seat and retains stock adjustments. If you don't like it later and too late to return, send your stock to Russel et al and sell the Sargent here when it arrives.

Steve

I believe Fencer has at least a front Seat/Pan for an 06/07 that you could probalby get for cheap to either use for the new seat or until you get yours done. Might want to send him a PM.

Other options are to just wait until someone parts with thier stock seats if you don't want to be without during the process.

-----

The bummer part about Russell is the wait, and the fact that you have to give up your pan and be seatless for some amount of time.

I waited and eventually bought one (used), it's working out OK, though not perfect. I'm now working with them to schedule a re-do to fit me better.

The best part is I still have my stock seat for that long and painful process while they get it done, with luck it will be done by Xmas.