Need some advice PCIII

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ltdshooter

Reaction score
I have a 2006 1300A and I'm looking to understand what can be expected from putting on a good after market exhaust (thinking of 2 Bros M2), using K&N filter air filter and adding a Power Commander III with the correct map. What has the experience been with anyone doing these mods? Are there proven maps available for the PCIII with these mods? Some people might say I'm nuts for even thinking about doing this but I love enhancing the performance of all my bikes and vehicles. Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alot of info on the PC3 at the tail end of the Bin O Facts. rayban hosts alot of the files on his site, and that makes life easy. I just dropped the hammer on a PC3 for my '07 and the difference is astounding. I'm running Wally's smoothness map. Best advice? DO IT! B)

I stick with stealth mode, so pure stock other than the PC3, so can't help past that.

Alot of info on the PC3 at the tail end of the Bin O Facts. Rayban hosts alot of the files on his site, and that makes life easy. I just dropped the hammer on a PC3 for my '07 and the difference is astounding. I'm running Wally's smoothness map. Best advice? DO IT! B)
I stick with stealth mode, so pure stock other than the PC3, so can't help past that.
Raybans site is?

Alot of info on the PC3 at the tail end of the Bin O Facts. Rayban hosts alot of the files on his site, and that makes life easy. I just dropped the hammer on a PC3 for my '07 and the difference is astounding. I'm running Wally's smoothness map. Best advice? DO IT! B)
Raybans site is?
I was sneaky Don, and hid the link in the word Site B)

EDIT: I pulled that out of raybans original message Clicky

I have a 2006 1300A and I'm looking to understand what can be expected from putting on a good after market exhaust (thinking of 2 Bros M2), using K&N filter air filter and adding a Power Commander III with the correct map. <SNIP>
In short:

• Weight savings by getting rid of the stock cans and going aftermarket
  • Better sound (YMMV) from said aftermarket cans
  • Smoother throttle response (Notice I did not say STRONGER, I said smoother)
  • Three to five horsepower gain TOTAL with everything you listed
  • Lower fuel economy (Horsepower is not free!)
  • Your wallet will be about $1K +/- lighter (Could be good for a tenth or so due to reduced weight)

I have aftermarket exhaust (holeshots) as well as PCIII on my 05'. I run a stock map (called the zero map) for daily commuting to work and average about 41-44mpg with mixed city highway. When I want to go play in the mountains, I load the map that Dale Walker designed for the holeshots which increases the power to a noticeable ammount. Mpg takes a hit to about 38-40mpg depending on how hard I ride.

I love the noise from the holeshots but I've heard the remus and blueflames as well and they are also very nice. Do some youtube searches for fjr1300 and you will find examples of the different exhaust notes.

Last edited: