Need some Help on a 2001 Vulcan 1500 Fi Classic

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TriggerT

Mr. Impatient
Reaction score
I am trying to help a co-worker to find some items for her husbands motorcycle for Christmas.

The bike is a 2001 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Fi Classic, and she is trying to find some passenger foot boards (she hates the pegs) and some hard bags like the ones that were offered on the higher priced Vulcan model.

Any help would be great. I tried Google, but since I know next to nothing about the bike, I am at a bit of a loss.

Thanks!

Found the hard bags on E-Bay. Nice to see that they are just as expensive as the ones for the FJR. I assume that Kuryakyn has some kind of passenger boards, but I will ahve to look a little more.

Any first hand knowledge would still be great.

I had a Vulcan before moving up to the fjr. Kuryakyn has a few boards to choose from, Cobra makes some really nice ones too but are a bit pricey. J&P Cycles has a good selection, westendmotorsports.com is pretty good too (bought my v&h pipes from them). Now I need to find me a wife to get in on those Christmas farkles :glare:

Thanks Kenpo. I just sent a link to the West End sight to my coworker. Seems like they have everything she asked about.

I knew someone on the Forum would have the answers.

I used the Leather-lyke hard bags on my 2000 1500FI. They looked good, were water tight and were easily removeable not to mention at a reasonable price. Here's the link:
https://www.hoese.com/stores/showdetl.cfm?&...=19&CATID=3

Checkout www.cruisercustomizing.com. Its a pretty good site for metric v-twins. I have my Kawasaki Meanstreak posted there. They also sell just about anything you could ever want for a cruiser and their customer service is excellent.