Need some help, re: windscreen

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frayne

Reaction score
I bought a used 05 FJR a couple of months ago and have about 3K miles. Today riding through the hills of north Georgia I was getting peppered with bugs on my glasses with the windscreen in the highest position. This can be a bit disconcerning when traveling the twisties at 40+ or more miles per hour. Using only one eye to see kinda screws up your depth and other perceptions. The windscreen is stock, I am approx. 5'10", my question is; what would be the best windscreen to direct the bugs directly over my head instead of directly at my eye level. Appreciate any and all suggestions, the more specific, the better.

I bought a used 05 FJR a couple of months ago and have about 3K miles. Today riding through the hills of north Georgia I was getting peppered with bugs on my glasses with the windscreen in the highest position. This can be a bit disconcerning when traveling the twisties at 40+ or more miles per hour. Using only one eye to see kinda screws up your depth and other perceptions. The windscreen is stock, I am approx. 5'10", my question is; what would be the best windscreen to direct the bugs directly over my head instead of directly at my eye level. Appreciate any and all suggestions, the more specific, the better.

frayne, I take it you're not wearing a full face helmet?

I'm 5'10 as well -

I've used a Cee Bailey +2, and currently run a Cee Bailey +4+4 with reverse flip.

Bugs rarely get past either shield - however, the stock shield does let a few past.

California Scientific. I'm five nine and have a little over a medium (I had the large cut down). Works great and quiet too! Great guy and easy to deal with. Cut mine down for free and even ate the postage to send it back.

Dutch1201

I'm 5'9" and have a full face and stock screen. I get a few on the helmet, but not much with the screen up. You may want to get a full face helmet. Your face will thank you if you ever need it.

I'm 5'9" and have a full face and stock screen. I get a few on the helmet, but not much with the screen up. You may want to get a full face helmet. Your face will thank you if you ever need it.
I just installed a Vstream, what a difference this w/s stops all turbulence and noise, very quiet. I ordered mine last week from University motor, they give a great discount to forum members, the w/s cost me $125 + shipping.

I'm 6'2" and have a Rifle +4+3 for winter use. No bugs, no buffeting in the full-up position.

JW