need some input for some extras.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magoo

Reaction score
i am looking to buy a couple of extras before spring and would like some input.

i have an 07 fjr and would like a new/taller windshield without spending an arm and a leg.

i have seen some on ebay every now and again for around $100 shipped,but of course

when i am ready to buy.....well there are none listed.

number 2 would be some risers and new grips.ben looking at the gen-mar,but was wonder what is

the tallest risers out there without have to replace any of the control components.

looking for a fatter grip,did see a st last year with chrome kuryakin grips,felt good but didnt really know about the look?

any suggestions and or input would be greatly appreciated

Hey Magoo, I went with Yamaha's taller windshield [i'm 5'10"]. Good price & works well. Also just use grip puppies over my original grips. Also work well & cost under $10.00. No help on the risers. Thought I needed them but after a few miles, I forgot all about needing them. Hope this helps.

Hey Magoo, I went with Yamaha's taller windshield [i'm 5'10"]. Good price & works well. Also just use grip puppies over my original grips. Also work well & cost under $10.00. No help on the risers. Thought I needed them but after a few miles, I forgot all about needing them. Hope this helps.
grip puppies?never heard of them.

Lots of Forum members, self included, like the V Stream windshield. Best price from University Motors. UM Info available under "Servicing" under '06 - '-7 Bin -O-Facts here on the Forum.

Try putting the bars in the full back position before you make a final decision on risers. I did and it made a big difference.

dont have a 07 have a 05 first thing risers, windsheild . the 2 were a must to ride the bike . Also put on hwy bars , raditor guard , sliders , pipes , tankbag need it for my mp3 and tire repair kit plus other stuff . next thing is a rear shock and new seat