Need some suggestions for a jacket

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickysnickers

Reaction score
Well, it's time to purchase a new jacket. I've been wearing a Joe Rocket Tahoe jacket for quite a few years. It's getting a little long in the tooth, so I'm starting to search for another. I've narrowed the choices down to these:

1) BWM Santiago jacket...I can get a really good deal on this as my friend own a BWM dealership and it's actually a pretty nice jacket

https://store.bobsbmw.com/index.asp?PageAct...;MMP=1013875206

2) Firstgear Rainier jacket

3) Roadgear Xtreme...I've tried to find some reviews on this one, but I haven't been very successful. Does anybody have any first hand knowledge of this jacket?

https://www.roadgear.com/index.php?page=Pro...dbc39&id=11

Rick

I haven't had any experience with either of the jackets you're considering, but for what it's worth, I have an Olympia Bushwacker jacket that I absolutely love. Clicky (I have the black/pewter color)

With just the liner in, I've been comfortable riding with it down to about 50 degrees. When it's really cold I'll wear a fleece pullover under it. With the fleece under it, I've ridden down to 27 degrees without a problem. (mornings are still a little chilly up here) When you take the liner out, the mesh really allows a lot of air to move through the jacket and it's been very comfortable riding in the low 80's (this is Vermont, so it hasn't gotten any warmer than that here yet, but I would expect it to be just fine at higher temps)

The jacket fits great and appears to be very well made. It has protection (removable) in the shoulders, elbows, and back. (and it's significantly less expensive than either of the jackets you're considering)

Hope you find a jacket you like!

Ed.

Latest posts