Nelson Rigg cl-200

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't bought one, but always thought this was a clever idea. Not the 200, but you could compare dimensions on their site

clicky

I have the Nelson Rigg CL-200 for my Gen II (06) FJR and have found it fits ideally on the passenger seat with no problems. I've used it to haul gear for several trips and have found that in addition to being readily accessible, the rain cover (which it's supplied with) does a wonderful job of keeping everything dry on the inside even when it's pouring buckets outside. If you need an expandable pack for the occasional weekend trip, I highly recommend it. It stays on quite well and with a little ingenuity you can make straps that go under the passenger seat and hold it in place even at ballistic speeds. If you'd like pictures, I'll see if I can figure out how to post them...

Thanks for the info. Pictures would be nice if not too much trouble. Where do yo hook the bungees that come with the pack? Are there any paint scratching issues?

Howard

I actually don't typically use the bungees that come with the pack. I picked up some luggage straps and fasteners for next to nothing at Wal-Mart so that I could use the integrated fastener connections at the front and back of the pack.

Here are the straps I assembled and bought from Wal-Mart (from the fabric section):

web.jpg

Here are images of the CL-200 on the bike with those straps ran underneath the passenger seat:

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

You can however use the included bungees to connect to the passenger footpeg bracket as well as the rear fender extension, which is what I did before I made the seat straps. In the few hundred miles I used the tail-pack in that fashion I never had any issues with paint scratching. I currently don't have any pictures available showing that attachment method however.

Please note before anyone asks, the rack you see on the back is a Premier Cycle Accessories rack that I got to use with my newly acquired Givi V46 to mostly replace the CL-200. I'm certain you could also easily mount the CL-200 to that type of rack as well with no issues.

Just thought I'd add one more... I finally located a pic I had of the CL-200 attached with the included bungees prior to me also getting my Russell seat. This might be most useful to you but I'd still recommend making the additional straps if you have time. Let me know if you have any other questions.

web.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: