nelson rigg

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRay

Reaction score
Looking to buy a cover for traveling. Does the xl cover fit with all the stuff on or do I need the xxl ???

The XL fits very well on my 2007 FJR with side bags, givi V46 topbox or both on. The front will come fully down to cover the entire front wheel. With the topbox on, the cover will end just above the exhausts and license plate at rear. If the side bags are on too, then it'll wrap nicely around them. And I can just hook it over the footpegs at middle of bike. With no topbbox then obviously it can go much lower in the rear.

I've been very satisfied with mine. Had bought it for my prior bike cruiser with saddlebags. Got about 3 years of constant use until the elastic wrap band broke somewhere. Easier to just get a replacement than try to get warranty repair (since i had no receipt).

I have the Nelson-Rigg Falcon Defender 2000 XX Large. Let me first say, I have Garauld's Large rack and backrest and a Cee Bailey shield that is 3" tall that stock shield. Before I got the backrest and taller shield, I had ordered the X Large cover. When I put it on the bike it fit but was a snug fit over the saddlebags. I knew when I put a backrest on it would never fit, so I sent it back and got the XX Large. Glad I did, it fits pretty good.

I ordered the XL for my FZ1, fit perfectly. I'd get the XXL for the FJR though. Right now it's barely below the bags instead of hugging the bottom quarter of the rear tire.

Nice quality cover overall, but after about 4 years it's badly sun faded and starting to lose its waterproof state on the top.

Ray -- Check these guys out that are right in your 'hood. EZTouring covers. I've been using one for over 5 years spanning both FJR's and it still looks like new.

--G

Ray -- Check these guys out that are right in your 'hood. EZTouring covers. I've been using one for over 5 years spanning both FJR's and it still looks like new.
--G
Thanks George. I ordered the half cover from Nelson Rigg cause it is a lot cheaper and I didn't see this . If I don't like it I will use it on the wifes bike and go see these folks. Its three times the money but looks like a good product.

You really need the xxl cover for the fjr. I have the givi 52 and the tall yamaha shield,

and it takes every bit of the xxl to cover it.

You really need the xxl cover for the fjr. I have the givi 52 and the tall yamaha shield,and it takes every bit of the xxl to cover it.

I have an XL defender cover & it works well with a V-Stream windsheild. Recently sent back the cover (which was originally bought in April 06) for replacement due to the bottom shock cord broke. The cover was still in excellent shape. When I requested a return authorization under the lifetime warranty I was quickly given one. Paid $10 to ship it back with a copy of the original invoice & received a brand new cover in one week.

They really stand by this excellent product. I recommend them highly! :yahoo: :rolleyes: :clapping:

Last edited by a moderator: