nevermind

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smitty141

My name is Smitty.. And I have a motorcycle proble
Reaction score
Never mind, so much for sharing. I am going out to crash my bike now...

S

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing wrong with vetting out your ideas, but that set up has crash written all over it. Those things don't fold and seem to be kind of permantely mounted until you stop to pull them off. What if you hit a turn you weren't expecting and one of them grabs pavement?

I have a set of "like Wild Bill" pegs that I'll let go for cheap if you're interested. FWIW, they ride much closer to the bike and I still drug the mounts; which is why I took them off the bike.

Nice idea Smitty, but HRZ makes some good points. I've got the Leo Drolet Hwy Pegs which are the slider pegs and even with them being foldaway in an emergency i still worry sometimes.

Yours are certainly a good idea, so how about using a universal joint with a U shaped "sleeve" on the underside so that these too can become foldaway?

I liked the pegs, no fun grinding down fold-up pegs.

I like the dirty bike even more.

Me thinks some heavy I-Beam welded from those highwayy pegs up to your slice-n-dice light bracket would set your bike to a new level ....MadMax would be proud.

I'm already proud of you smitty. Those were the first highway pegs I've seen that I've seen that didn't have "I'm Gay" written all over them.

Damn, I missed this! What are we talking about here? I curious. :unsure:
From the conversations just above your reply, I'd hazard a guess that there was a washing and waxing discussion underway.

Too bad you missed it. You'd fit right in. :p

Never mind, so much for sharing. I am going out to crash my bike now...
S
Why'd you pull your original post? I think you were onto something, just not quite there yet. Besides, who really gives a shit what I think anyway? You should post it back up before RH gets all hormonal thinking about washing his bike again.

Why'd you pull your original post? I think you were onto something, just not quite there yet. Besides, who really gives a shit what I think anyway? You should post it back up before RH gets all hormonal thinking about washing his bike again.
Gunny on that!
Does everyone agree that good ole WD40 is the best for lubing our chains??? ..... oops, wrong topic, wrong forum. (traded in the FZ for the FJR.. :yahoo: