New 08

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ynotride

Reaction score
I will be picking up my 08 FJR at 4pm today. I am at work and can not keep the grin off my face and I haven't even ridden it yet. :yahoo: I have my bin o facts checklist printed out, sliders, oil and filter all ready to go on after the first 25 miles.

My wife has been giving me a hard time for spending so much time reading this forum but I have to say even though I am new here I think I have read every thread posted in the last year and you all are a great bunch a people with alot of really good advice.

Any other advice anyone have for me to look for when I pick it up?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
If you've read every post from the past year there is nothing we can add except have fun and respect it till the tires scrub in. Congratulations.

glenn

ynotride;Welcome.

Sounds great! Like getting a great present today at 4pm!

What dealer did you get the bike from?

Advice.... Ride safe and enjoy!
I got it from Corona Yamaha. They are my local dealer and they gave me a fair price.

Try to resist twisting it. Follow the break in rules. Got mine on the 13th. It's got a tick under 700 miles and I plan to change out the fluids this week. Next week hopefully 1000 miles and then we dance.

Congrats to you. :clapping:

If you've read every thread...you'll probably need to cleanse yourself from all the gayness with a good long ride. :yahoo:

Ohh...and don't be afraid to twist it...the manual doesn't say you can't twist it.

Congrats on you new ride.

Only thing I can is go to the BOF again and get the torque list. Go over all your bolts yourself. As I stated somewhere in here I found several items not up to torque spec on the front end. To include the steering head nut. At least this way you will know they are tight.

Enjoy, hope to see you up on the ACH/F someday.

Just got home from picking up the bike. I put 40 miles on it and cant believe how smooth and nice this bike is to ride. I had 01 Ninja Zx6 for the last 6 years and I couldn’t ride it more then an hour without feeling it.

The biggest thing I need to get used to is how damn quiet this bike is it is like riding in a car with the window cracked.

Is it a bad thing to want to sleep in the garage next to the bike??? :yahoo:

Anyone in Socal want to go for a ride this weekend?

I'm going to be at Cooks Corner between 11 and 11:30am Saturday 3/29.

Meeting up with some friends then we will be riding from Cooks to Lake Elsinore for lunch.

Just a short run accross Ortega, might run up and down the hill a couple of times.

I ride a bright red Triumph Sprint ST and my buddy rides a ZX12 tricked out like a sport tourer (with corbin hard bags).

We are hooking up with 2 other bikes at Cooks.

I am so close to buying a 2008 FJR, just waiting for my house re-fi to complete, should happen Friday.

Maybe we'll swing by Mission Motorsports on the way back!

You are more than welcome to join us.

I'll keep an eye out for you, and you for me.

John

If you don't mind me asking, where did you buy and what was your deal?

Try to resist twisting it. Follow the break in rules. Got mine on the 13th. It's got a tick under 700 miles and I plan to change out the fluids this week. Next week hopefully 1000 miles and then we dance.
Uhm....TICK is not a word we use lightly around here. :rolleyes:

Resistance was futile, you have been successfully assimilated!

Now you know why we advise those who are searching to buy an FJR..... ;)

I'm going to be at Cooks Corner between 11 and 11:30am Saturday 3/29. Meeting up with some friends then we will be riding from Cooks to Lake Elsinore for lunch.

Just a short run accross Ortega, might run up and down the hill a couple of times.

I ride a bright red Triumph Sprint ST and my buddy rides a ZX12 tricked out like a sport tourer (with corbin hard bags).

?
John;

If I have nothing going on Saturday, I may shoot on over to Cooks Corner at your time, just to say high. I have a blue 2005, and have a red flame Arai helmet.

Lets see if ynotride can make it.

:blink:

I'm going to be at Cooks Corner between 11 and 11:30am Saturday 3/29. Meeting up with some friends then we will be riding from Cooks to Lake Elsinore for lunch.

I am so close to buying a 2008 FJR, just waiting for my house re-fi to complete, should happen Friday.

Maybe we'll swing by Mission Motorsports on the way back!

You are more than welcome to join us.

I'll keep an eye out for you, and you for me.

John

If you don't mind me asking, where did you buy and what was your deal?
I just might take you up on this offer. I live off the 15 on the other side of ortega and I used to live in Lake Forest about 3 miles from cooks so I know where it is. I have a new black shiny bike and a black helmet. :yahoo:

?
John;

If I have nothing going on Saturday, I may shoot on over to Cooks Corner at your time, just to say high. I have a blue 2005, and have a red flame Arai helmet.

Lets see if ynotride can make it.

:blink:
I am about 98% sure I will make my way over there. I had the day saved for a ride with no where in mind and this solves that problem.

I thought break in was done at 600 miles? I'm at 780 - do I have to wait another 220 before I can "wind it out"? :)

The biggest thing I need to get used to is how damn quiet this bike is it is like riding in a car with the window cracked.
But it's still a sweet sound, isn't it? :)

Nope. :)

OK. I got a kitchen pass, I'll be there at Cooks Corner at 11am!

I will see you there, Thanks