New Avon

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

socalrk

Reaction score
Got my new Avon AV45 front put on today. Bike feels new again! My Z4 was cupped and worn a bit off center. This was causing the handlebars to shimmy when cornering and when coming to a stop I could actually see/feel the bars shimmy left/right. Felt like I had to muscle the bike in the twisties. Now it's smooth as butter and falls right into the corners without having to force it. :D

Getting the last third of a front tire's max life is typically not worth it - the handling just gets awful.

- Mark

Just ordered a new set of Avons. Should be here next week. Looking forward to the improvement in handling. The stock metz's are showing there age with erratic handling. BTW, tires were $229 out the door at SW moto tires. :agent:

Info for anyone in LA/OC area: Got my tire at 'House of Handlebars' in Signal Hill(Long Beach). They have competetive prices and no charge for mount and balance. Most places charge something for mount/balance. Been in business over 35 years.