New Avons: Removing label sticker glue

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Stupid question I'm sure... but (besides obvious "TWN-like" answers like "burnouts" :dribble: )

How do you guys remove the label sticker glue from your new tire tread...

Stupid question I'm sure...
Yep... :poster_stupid:

Ride it...
drive.gif

Give it a good asphalt scrubbing...

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW, I give the tires a wipe with brake clean, my favoritist brain damaging chemical. Not so much for sticker residue, but to remove the release agent that makes them so damn slippery at first. Works pretty good, am able to ride pretty much normal right outta the chute, taking it easy only because I don't wanna prove that it doesn't matter. But it does help a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW, I give the tires a wipe with brake clean, my favoritist brain damaging chemical. Not so much for sticker residue, but to remove the release agent that makes them so damn slippery at first. Works pretty good, am able to ride pretty much normal right outta the chute, taking it easy only because I don't wanna prove that it doesn't matter. But it does help a lot.
Thanks Radman. Time to kill some brain cells... :)

I agree with fred in this situation. Besides, experience doesn't count for anything anyways..... :p

Don't forget; after you wash 'em and wipe 'em down with brake cleaner, give 'em a good soaking in ArmorAll, then go ride your favorite twisty road at 10/10ths.

Thank you and have a nice day.

:****:

Don't forget; after you wash 'em and wipe 'em down with brake cleaner, give 'em a good soaking in ArmorAll, then go ride your favorite twisty road at 10/10ths.
Thank you and have a nice day.

ArmorAll? Isn't that the stuff that makes stuff all shiny and....

slippery? :dribble: ......

...........................................HEYYYYYYYY!! :blink: :blink:

:D :D

BTW, I ain't washing them, I'm trying to get some glue off one spot that's attracting nice slippery stuff like leaves, sticks, etc... so that when I take that first turn I don't have a whoops....

Oh, never mind :angry2:

:D

Nothing's sacred, wheaton....and if we see an opportunity to rib someone....it's going to happen. ;)