New Bike Prices

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobsled

Reaction score
Have been going through the ads on Cycle Trader looking for a new 2009. I've seen prices for 2010 as low as $12,800, but the left over 2009 bikes are all listed at over $13,000 - doesn't make sense. If $12.8k is a good price for a 2010, shouldn't a 2009 be at least a grand less?

Thanks,

BobSled

I saw the same thing when shopping for a Honda CR-V.

I thought I could save some bucks getting a year old used one.

But, none could be bought for the price of brand new.

Ended up with a brand new one....

I think people try to price a low mile used vehicle based on being lower than sticker of a new one.

But, who pays sticker for a commonly available new vehicle.

I don't now maybe, some people shop for newer used bikes based on sticker price of a new one?

Some dealerships profit in volume, others profit off suckers...

If you see a dealer with a 2 year old bike, either that dealer is buying up stock from other dealers to volume sell, or that dealer is dusting a bike off every few months because the suckers ain't biting.

I saved 2k by driving 150 miles and ignoring the dealer who was a little too proud of his one year old FJR.

Find locations where supply and demand best supports the buyer. This time of year even weather is a factor.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you need a 2010 FJR you can find one for $12,299 at Heinen's in Osseo, MN. There is, tax (dependant on home state), license and a small documentation fee in addition. That price pushed me over the edge. Contact the owner Paul and they do ship also.

Often the rebate programs from the manufacturer to dealer change what the dealer can let a bike go for. For example the rebates on the 09s were $1000 but the rebates to dealer on the left over 08s were only $200! That meant a new 09 was cheaper than a 2 year old brand new 08. Ask the dealer what the rebate to dealer is at the present time. Sometimes the dealer just can't let the older one go for cheaper because it would cost him money!

Phibbs in Albany, NY has a 2009A leftover that they bought from a dealer that was closing in New Jersey. The listed price is $11,500.00, but he told me when it was just coming off the truck, that he would let it go for $10,500.00.

Prolly should post this elsewhere but Phibbs Power Sports is aces. Dealing with them since the '70s.