New Bill Mayer Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indiojoe

Reaction score
There is another new seat in Indio, (what were the factory design guys thinken!)

We rode to Ojai' about 200 miles to Bill Mayers Saddles, (www.billmayersaddles.com) We showed up for our appointment at 7am. That's when they open. Bill was out of town, but his staff did a great job of taking care of us. After questioning us and taking measurements they got started. There were 2 more fittings and test rides during the process. my wife wanted the pinon seat elevated alittle higher and I needed alittle re-shapping to narrow the seat where my legs were. It was really good to be able to test drive the Bike during the assembly process.. They broke for lunch at around 12pm for half am hour or so . then back to work on the seat, they fenished at 2:20pm / 20 minutes after there closing time. The seat came out great . It was worth our trip ,It was like riding a different bike home. PICTURES TO FOLLOW!

I've read many good things about these seats and the service provided; sounds like it made its worth apparent already. The stock saddle is typically not adequate for the miles these bikes are capable of...if a good ergonomically supportive seat is on the bike!

I just ordered the newly availible Sargent front saddle yesterday; hopefully it will fix the seat "problem" the bike comes standard with! Given that I'm in N. IN. it's not to convenient to ride out there for a proper custom fitting. DFO :)

There is another new seat in Indio, (what were the factory design guys thinken!)We rode to Ojai' about 200 miles to Bill Mayers Saddles, (www.billmayersaddles.com) We showed up for our appointment at 7am. That's when they open. Bill was out of town, but his staff did a great job of taking care of us. After questioning us and taking measurements they got started. There were 2 more fittings and test rides during the process. my wife wanted the pinon seat elevated alittle higher and I needed alittle re-shapping to narrow the seat where my legs were. It was really good to be able to test drive the Bike during the assembly process.. They broke for lunch at around 12pm for half am hour or so . then back to work on the seat, they fenished at 2:20pm / 20 minutes after there closing time. The seat came out great . It was worth our trip ,It was like riding a different bike home. PICTURES TO FOLLOW!
Was there an option to add heat under the seat? What did your wife think about the seat on the way home?

Yep, with Bill Mayer Saddles you have the option of adding heat to the seat. I did not do that with mine, but so far with limited miles on my Bill Mayer seat I love it. And the whole experience of having it made was a great one.

There is another new seat in Indio, (what were the factory design guys thinken!)We rode to Ojai' about 200 miles to Bill Mayers Saddles, (www.billmayersaddles.com) We showed up for our appointment at 7am. That's when they open. Bill was out of town, but his staff did a great job of taking care of us. After questioning us and taking measurements they got started. There were 2 more fittings and test rides during the process. my wife wanted the pinon seat elevated alittle higher and I needed alittle re-shapping to narrow the seat where my legs were. It was really good to be able to test drive the Bike during the assembly process.. They broke for lunch at around 12pm for half am hour or so . then back to work on the seat, they fenished at 2:20pm / 20 minutes after there closing time. The seat came out great . It was worth our trip ,It was like riding a different bike home. PICTURES TO FOLLOW!
+1 on your report. I had the same great experience with Bill Mayer's staff. My 2 tone leather saddles are performing outstandingly after 12K miles on my 06 AE.

The Mayer's do know how to build a seat I went with the son Rick Mayer on my 04 FJR and I sure miss it when my 07 lays up for a right coast winter I will send my pans in for a new seat.Who knows maybe I'll try dad.

Was there an option to add heat under the seat? What did your wife think about the seat on the way home?
She was very pleased

The problem is , its so comfortable, it's mostly 2-up now!

How soon can you post the pics. Deffinitly would like to see them as I agree the factory seats suck for long rides!

She was very pleased

The problem is , its so comfortable, it's mostly 2-up now!

A new Bill Mayer Saddle!

My wife & I traveled to Ojai for a new seat and it was a great experience!

Take a look at the link (if I did it properly!)

Stu