New Blue tooth headset...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRocket

Doctor Throckenstein !!!
Reaction score
FROM Engadget:

We've certainly seen our fair share of nicely-equipped motorcycle helmets, but Benchmark Helmets is looking to spruce up your everyday noggin protector rather than forcing you to buy a whole new one. Marketed towards "scooter and motorcycle enthusiasts," the Camos lineup includes two new headsets that utilize Bluetooth 2.0 and support A2DP / handsfree profiles. Additionally, both tout waterproof housings and connectors, directional microphones with noise canceling technology, stereo speakers, and 10-hours of talk time (150-hours in standby). The BHS-500 is set to land for $149, while the $199 BHS-600 ups the ante by allowing users to pair up another BHS-600 for a "complete wireless intercom system."
From Benchmark Helmets:

NEWPORT BEACH, CA, AUGUST 28, 2008: Benchmark Helmets now has the Camos line ofstereo Bluetooth wireless headsets available, for the US motorcycle/scooter

enthusiast. The Bluetooth headsets are what many motorcycle enthusiasts have

been looking for in an easy to use wireless product. The Camos line of headsets

includes two models, the BHS-500 (msrp $149) and BHS-600 (msrp $199). Both

models come with Bluetooth 2.0 technology that supports high-bandwidth

transmission of stereo Bluetooth and extended battery life.

Key features of the Camos BHS helmet adapters include the following:

• Support for the A2DP (HiFi-Stereo) and HSE (Hands-Free) protocols

• Housing and connectors of the Bluetooth module are waterproof

• Directional microphone with noise cancelling technology that will allow clear

communication at speeds of up to 80 mph

• High quality stereo speaker drivers that provide rich sound whether you are

taking a phone call or listening to you GPS or mp3 player up to 80mph

• 10 hours talk time and 150 hours standby time

• Automatic call-in detection you can talk safely- and hear clearly, due to the

integrated noise cancellation filters

• Support for the A2DP (HiFi-Stereo) and HSE (Hands-Free) protocols

• Pairing the second channel with another BHS-600 unit makes a complete wireless

intercom system. Both, driver and pillion can connect their private device

(i.e. private cellular) to their headset. (BHS-600 only)

• Fast and simple mounting: stick the separate clip on the helmet and snap the

unit into it. The included headsets fit for all types of helmets.

• Two kits in the box with a boom microphone for open face helmets or a wired

microphone for full face

• Headset for beanie style half helmets and those riders who do not use a helmet

also available

• Connect to non-Bluetooth devices (mp3, gps, PTT, 2-way radio, radio, etc…) with

a 3.5mm jack via Bluetooth 2.0 transmitter (sold separately)

• Connect 3 devices simultaneously (BH-600), 2 devices (BH-500)

I still want an IN THE EAR noise attenuating (or canceling) stereo bluetooth headset for my bike. I don't do well with the external speakers. But I thought some of you might be interested in this new line of under helmet gear.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still want an IN THE EAR noise attenuating (or canceling) stereo bluetooth headset for my bike. I don't do well with the external speakers. But I thought some of you might be interested in this new line of under helmet gear.
Cool. Looks like what a lot of folks have been waiting for so thanks for the heads up.

I wear in the ear speakers when I want to listen to music, but...

Does anyone actually make any kind of in the ear headset specifically for motorcycle use and marketed to riders? I don't think I've ever seen one, wired or wireless. They all have external speakers. I'm thinking there's a liability issue since in many states in-the-ear speakers are illegal (even if that's rarely enforced).

Hopefully, someone will shortly post a link that shows I'm simply clueless. But I'm guessing that if you want in the ear stereo bluetooth, you're going to have to do the mod yourself.

I have been carefully watching for stereo Bluetooth (A2DP) devices and their reviews. I have a PDA phone which has both A2DP and HF protocols, and works awesomely (?) with my Motorola S9 headset. It would totally make sense to have this in a helment.

JM Corporation also has a stereo set. Clicky. Unfortunately, it is so new, their sales agents don't know anything technical about them yet, and emails to the guy who is stated to know everything about this product (CEO) does not return emails.

If anyone gets one of these, lemme know. It would take a good product to give up my Autocomm Active 7. The thing works, and works well. And while I would like to go untethered, I am not crazy about the extra box that will be hanging off the side. I think it will come down to the helmet manufacturers to put these in from the ground up, like Nolan has.

-BD

Last edited by a moderator: