New boots - amazing customer service

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graler

Reaction score
I finally broke down and bought a pair of motorcycle boots. Well for some of you they might not qualify but for me it is a step up.

I got the First Gear lo mesh boot - probably classified as a entry level boot for protection. The down side, the first time I wore them the velcro on the flap separated from the flap - the stitching just caught the edge - an obvious manufacturing defect. Disappointing. I contacted the manufacturer - First Gear. They responded right away. They asked that I send photos of the area. I did. They apologized and said they would replace the boots. Turns out they are in Fort Worth, a city my work takes me to frequently. I arranged to drop the old boots off and pick up the new ones. Monday I was on the way to Fort Worth and an appointment cancelled on me. Ok we just got a block of free time. Put the address for Tucker Rocky in the GPS (TR is the distributor for FG) and showed up unannounced. Rats the guy I spoke to wasn't there on Monday. They found his supervisor and we did the boot swap. They were very accommodating. Tuesday I get an email. "Sorry I missed you. Really sorry about the boots". We would like to send you a pair of gloves for your trouble. Are you kidding me? You do not have to do that, I have the replacement boots everything is great! No we insist. What size gloves do you wear. The answer was sent and I mentioned that they did not have to do that.

Last night I get back to Austin from Dallas. There is a box on the counter. A shiney new pair of First Gear mesh gloves. I like them.

Give them some business folks they are good people.

Man I do love to hear a story with a happy ending! Glad to hear they stood behind their product and went the extra mile.

That's awesome. And Tucker Rocky is huge. They are the purveyors for the vast majority of motorcycle shops, at least around these parts.

This bodes well for the sport, in the near term at least.

Had the same thing happen with First Gear low mesh boot. The velcro was not attached properly. As a matter of fact the stitching on the whole boot sux. This boot was assembled in Pakistan. I have sourced shit all over the globe - you get the quality you spec/pay for. First Gear pull your head out of your anal orifice. I patched the boot with Shoe Goo. I like the boot.

ShoeGoo = Liquid duct tape
punk.gif

AQ00C44_2.jpg