New Bose In-Ear Headphones

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwilly

Administrator of Drama
Reaction score
I got a set of the New Bose In-Ear Headphones for Christmas and Love'Em!! They are very comfortable inside the helmet and the sound is Freakin Amazing!! :yahoo:

These ear-buds have by far the best sound quaility and comfort of any set I have owned. The key difference is their ability to produce BASS!! I talking very deep sounding bass but still with a wide range of sound to boot. Anyone else have them yet? Comments?

Retail for $99

-jwilly

p_triportie_l_b.jpg

I got a set of the New Bose In-Ear Headphones for Christmas and Love'Em!! They are very comfortable inside the helmet and the sound is Freakin Amazing!! :yahoo:
These ear-buds have by far the best sound quaility and comfort of any set I have owned. The key difference is their ability to produce BASS!! I talking very deep sounding bass but still with a wide range of sound to boot. Anyone else have them yet? Comments?

Retail for $99

-jwilly

p_triportie_l_b.jpg
And you bought them, Where?

What other ones have you owned and are comparing them to?
I have owned probably 10-12 pairs in the past 5 years. Some notable ones were: Shure e2c's and Etymotic er6's and several different types of Sony and Phillips that were more in the range of $20-40.

As far as where I got them, well they were wrapped and laying under the tree!!

Just kidding, they are sold all over: Best Buy, Circuit City, Amazon, etc...

-jwilly

Thanks, I have a bose system at home, Radio and CDs, can't believe the sound that comes out of that little box. If the ear buds are even close they're a good buy.

My biggest complaint with the Etymotic's is the lack of bass while listening to music. The bose earbuds sound promising. :)

I've had a set of these for several months, bought mine at the Bose store in Vegas for $99USD. As far as sound reproduction goes, they are very good, giving a clear, crisp sound with sufficient bass - sound quality one would expect from Bose. And they are rather comfortable, comparable to other in-ear buds. Unfortunately, they don't attenuate sound much at all, about the same as my $30CAD Sony's. I guess I'm spoiled by my Bose Quiet Comfort 2 over-ear headphones, which I find absolutely amazing in terms of sound reproduction and external sound attenuation. But then for $400CAD they should be.

Frankly, I think that the Bose in-ears are really meant to deliver a quality portable mp3 player listening experience to the audiophile but when it comes to wearing them under a helmet while riding a motorcycle, your cheaper Sony's or Panasonic's will do just as well for a fraction of the price. So I'm saving the Bose's for when I'm laying on the beach, frozen fruity drink in hand, trying to concentrate on the fine nuances of the music, in hope of making my drooling shamelessly over the topless beach babes frolicking around me a little less obvious... :dribble:

CX300-B_normal.jpg

I think I might have a suprise for you guys with your headphone choice. Sennheiser makes aircraft headphones among other things. I did my research on the ones I bought and I am extremely pleased with their sound quality, size, and bass producing ability. Another note, as far as I can tell, they are smaller than any of the other headphones offered on the market. I got mine at circut city for $70, and this is the only retailer that I found to carry them. They work like earplugs to cancel out the outside noise, and they fit inside your ear comfortably and block out my road and wind noise very well. Like other inner ear headphones, even the bose ones, they only reduce the outside noise 10-15db, so its not cancelling it out completely. Either way, I have had friends and family go out and buy a set of these after listening to mine just one time. You can even sleep on your side with them in. So everyone go be happy and buy a pair:)

Circut City, Sennheiser CX-300.

Last edited by a moderator:
"As far as sound reproduction goes, they are very good, giving a clear, crisp sound with sufficient bass - sound quality one would expect from Bose."

No highs, no lows, must be Bose.

Tried 'em. Sound is similiar to the $40 Sony's that I already have. They are also much larger than the Sony's and get jammed into my ears when I pull my helmet on. I guess I never bought in to the Bose marketing machine. Really cheap components sold at dizzying prices.

jwilly-

Thanks for the post. I'm in the market for for some earbuds and had narrowed my search down to either the Shure e2c's or the Etymotic er6's. The Etymtics seem to be VERY popular among the forum members and I was leaning that way until you said you think the Bose sound even better. It's difficult to compare the Bose on paper since they don't publish performance data on any of their products.

By the way, I saw them at the local Target too.

jwilly-
Thanks for the post. I'm in the market for for some earbuds and had narrowed my search down to either the Shure e2c's or the Etymotic er6's. The Etymtics seem to be VERY popular among the forum members and I was leaning that way until you said you think the Bose sound even better. It's difficult to compare the Bose on paper since they don't publish performance data on any of their products.

By the way, I saw them at the local Target too.
The noise reduction will be better with the er6i's because they go down into your ear canal. I use the large set of ear buds with the bose and they do a good job of blocking out some noise and sound great.

Comfort is in the eye (ear) of the beholder. I think it varies based on how your helmet fits on the side of your noggin.. Ain't nuttin gonna help with them big ol ears when your wedging it inside of a padded bucket..

MNFJR: I generally agree with you on the "Hype" that surronds a lot of Bose's products. Especially their home theatre systems and such. Having said that, I travel frequently for work and own a pair of Quiet Comfort 2's and they are an awesome product and well worth the $300. B)

-jwilly

The noise reduction will be better with the er6i's because they go down into your ear canal. I use the large set of ear buds with the bose and they do a good job of blocking out some noise and sound great.
That right there is the deal killer for me. How can you enjoy "great sound" without blocking ambient noise? The road noise not being blocked would drown out much of the frequencies you are trying to listen to once your at speed. That's why the custom molded jobbies didn't work me also. They sounded great in my living room, but once I was going down the road, they didn't block enough ambient noise for any decent quality sound.

So far for me, the Etymotics are the only ones that give enough noise attenuation so as I can actually enjoy the music.

That right there is the deal killer for me. How can you enjoy "great sound" without blocking ambient noise? The road noise not being blocked would drown out much of the frequencies you are trying to listen to once your at speed. That's why the custom molded jobbies didn't work me also. They sounded great in my living room, but once I was going down the road, they didn't block enough ambient noise for any decent quality sound.
So far for me, the Etymotics are the only ones that give enough noise attenuation so as I can actually enjoy the music.
+1

Plus the custom ones still bothered my ear canals after 15-16 hours, the Ety's take more than a day before irritation.

Jim

Bose, the only speaker manufacturer that builds a speaker that is so bad (the 901s)they have to include an active equalizer to try and remedy the problem rather than go back to the drawing board. And then there was Bose v Consumer Reports. Better sound quality through litigation. I thought the boys in Beertown would have selected Bose, but with no surfaces to use you wouldn't get that wonderful direct reflecting sound.

Guys I'm tellin ya's, you don't have to spend rediculous $$ for Etymotics performance. Link
My wife bought me a pair of those (Skull Candy) at the local mall as a stocking stuffer for $10. The have very good sound quality & bass. They just don't cut out the outside noise as well as these from Radio Shack:

In ear headphones. If you catch them on sale like I did, you can purchase them for $29.99. :clapping:

Do I sound like a cheap bastard? <_<

Last edited by a moderator: