New Comfort Seat on Yamaha Site

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 3564

Reaction score
Just noticed that Yamaha has a new Comfort Seat on their web site. They say it has gel inserts and it's priced right at 374.95. Does anyone know who makes it and if it's any good?

They also show the factory heated grip kits (too expensive at $450 for 06/07) and a touring windscreen at $109.95.

I know Corbin makes their cruisers seats, but not sure who makes their sport and sport touring seats. I ordered one through www.motogrid.com for my 07 along with the taller shield. They had the shield in stock and ETA on the seat was end of April along with the trunk. They discount OEM parts and accessories 25%. Ask for Ryan.

For about the same price as the comfort seat, Sargent reworked my seat(s) to my and my passenger's specifications. Only thing is... you still have only one (2-part) seat. Oh, and Sargent took just short of FOREVER to do the work, running over the turn-around time claimed on their web site byabout 3 weeks. Lesson: send your seat to them during the riding season, not off-season when everyone else does.

I just installed the yamaha touring windshield for my two week old 06AE. It is definitely significantly taller, but unfortunately the weathers suuuucks so i wont get out on it today. Will report on it when I get a chance to ride.

Russell has done well by me on my last 2 bikes. Why spend 80% (or more) of a Russell for a different off-the-rack saddle built to nothing more than a different "average rider"?

That Yamaha Comfort seat looks a *lot* like the Sargent that Chips just got, including the description of the Carbon Fibre pattern. Hmm...

I don't understand why motorcyle manufactures cannot make a nice stock seat? We pay all this money for the bikes they could at least make a decent seat. I noticed that my seat is as hard as a rock on my 07 and its just plain crazy. Well I guess if they made a good stock seat we wouldn't have to spend $400.00 on an upgrade. I think that all bikers should just have someone rework their stock seat and then maybe the bike industry would make a decent stock seat, especially when those high priced after market lay in a warehouse and riot. I have owned 4 bikes since 02 and out of the 4 only one has had a decent seat.

I checked Corbin's site a couple weeks ago in preparation of getting my FJR (wish it would be soon) and they do make seats for it.

Another note on the windscreen that I though of when i read the post on the yamaha seat being from another manufacturer. I am pretty sure the windscreen is not made by yamaha either. Several reasons.

-Appears to be a different material

-Different manufacturing processes - holes and edge finish completely different

-Fit is not perfect - if yamaha made it, it would have been done with their CAD models and would fit better.

-Foam pad that goes under part of the base of the screen not supplied and not removable from the stock screen

-Mirror areas are cut out substantially unlike the stock shield, even though the areas around the mirror arent much bigger at all.

Dont know who its made by, but my 2c is it isnt mammayamma

Now back to your regularly programmed topic....

Mike Kolstad at UM emailed me that my NEW Yamaha seat has shipped TO Fargo, and will be on it's way to me shortly. I heard a rumor about the seats being delayed until June, but it looks like they will start trickling out here very soon.

If anyone would like to buy the pillion seat for their S.O., I have a smuggler and no use for the back seat. When it gets here, I WILL be selling it.

Now back to your regularly programmed topic....
Mike Kolstad at UM emailed me that my NEW Yamaha seat has shipped TO Fargo, and will be on it's way to me shortly. I heard a rumor about the seats being delayed until June, but it looks like they will start trickling out here very soon.

If anyone would like to buy the pillion seat for their S.O., I have a smuggler and no use for the back seat. When it gets here, I WILL be selling it.

Might be interested..

cary

I went out for a ride with the new windscreen today. I am reasonably tall... 6'1" with 32 inseem and i have the seat adjusted to the higher setting. The windscreen is a MAJOR improvement over stock. The buffeting is reduced, if not nearly gone. I havent been out on the highway yet, and that is the real test. Either way, it gets the air just up so that its going right over the top of the helmet. Not too bad. Still no ST1300 screen, and still alot of noise from the top of my helmet, but for now im satisfied. Sorta. After i test it on the highway.

I went out for a ride with the new windscreen today. I am reasonably tall... 6'1" with 32 inseem and i have the seat adjusted to the higher setting. The windscreen is a MAJOR improvement over stock. The buffeting is reduced, if not nearly gone. I havent been out on the highway yet, and that is the real test. Either way, it gets the air just up so that its going right over the top of the helmet. Not too bad. Still no ST1300 screen, and still alot of noise from the top of my helmet, but for now im satisfied. Sorta. After i test it on the highway.
Well, here's the report guys. Put a couple hundred miles on with the screen, some highway, some back roads, some city, and I gotta say, I'm still not happy. While its better, it is still very noisy, and the dirty air is flowing right on top of my helmet. This is causing some buffeting. So I am considering a Cal Sci... If I was an inch or two shorter or had a different helmet, (have a notoriously noisy HJC) it would probably look fine. Any suggestions?

Well, here's the report guys. Put a couple hundred miles on with the screen, some highway, some back roads, some city, and I gotta say, I'm still not happy. While its better, it is still very noisy, and the dirty air is flowing right on top of my helmet. This is causing some buffeting. So I am considering a Cal Sci... If I was an inch or two shorter or had a different helmet, (have a notoriously noisy HJC) it would probably look fine. Any suggestions?
Yeah, I suggest you start a different thread and put your report and query under a windshield topic, not under a yamaha comfort seat thread. Your posts are probably burried here. Why you continue to discuss a windshield problem under a seat thread is beyond me.

Now back on topic.... I'm still waiting for my seat to come from UM. You guys that already have your gel seats... a report and update on your experience with it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm a waiter again....

Last edited by a moderator:
University Motors is shipping mine out today (with some leak jets for my boggy twofiddy). I should have it in time to test ride it to Hooterville over next weekend! COOL!

Latest posts