New Corbin with Smuggler

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greywolf

Reaction score
Corbin with charcoal carbon fiber leather /trim and Smuggler

The seat is much more comfortable , and the "scoop" sits you flatter and takes some pressure off the wrists.

I like the contrast , and in the hot Georgia summers the lighter color is cooler to ride on.

Turn around time was 3 weeks for both.

The Pazzo levers are a nice addition as well , Heli Triple clamps go on next week . Corbin with Smuggler

Last edited by a moderator:
seat 289 / smuggler 799 - pricey , buy I really like the way it looks and it's convienient.

My 18 yr old daughter commented " It looks like it should have always been there" .

The contour and fit do make it look stock , and they matched the paint very well. I was leary they would just paint it black , but it has the "sparkle" of the OEM paint.

seat 289 / smuggler 799 - pricey , buy I really like the way it looks and it's convienient.
My 18 yr old daughter commented " It looks like it should have always been there" .

The contour and fit do make it look stock , and they matched the paint very well. I was leary they would just paint it black , but it has the "sparkle" of the OEM paint.
Smuggler and seat looks excellent. If it wasn't for the price, I'd likely get a smuggler as well.

For the money it should be layered in gold leaf, but I guess that wouldn't match.

"Smuggler and seat looks excellent. If it wasn't for the price, I'd likely get a smuggler as well.

For the money it should be layered in gold leaf, but I guess that wouldn't match."

I bought mine for $499 in 2005 and amortized over the life of the bike think it was a good deal for me.

It gets used every day.

IMG_4441.jpg

The Axiom tail bag is a less expensive alternative , but I'm quite pleased .

Nice looking bike greywolf. I keep thinking about a smuggler but won't part with the $$$ to make it happen.

--G

Bought my Smuggler here used, for a lot less than $800, and it was in perfect shape. Be careful about any rub spots between it and the grab rail. If you see anything starting, put some clear protective film down on the rail, and protect your paint. And yes, pull it before washing the bike.

The seat is much more comfortable , and the "scoop" sits you flatter and takes some pressure off the wrists.

I like the contrast , and in the hot Georgia summers the lighter color is cooler to ride on.

The Pazzo levers are a nice addition as well , Heli Triple clamps go on next week . Corbin with Smuggler
That is a sweet looking ride! Love the silver seat on it. :clapping:

Sure .. it's a dark tinted CEE Bailey -3" , a wonderful addition in the Hot Lanta heat , for me it's perfect and will stay on year round.

CEE Bailey -3" dark

Good looking seat, but that sucker must be hard as a rock. i originally had corbin cut down my replacement. these seats are already cut down pretty far. They took another 3/8 out of it. I had to send it back. I dont mind a hard seat, but this was rediculous. Having a dish like that must not leave much padding, but it sure looks nice on that rig.

GreyGoose

The Corbins of years past were like bricks, I had one on an 02 bike. I have a heated dual tour on my 07 HD , and it has been comfy from the start.

I put in a 3hr ride on this one yesterday , it was comfy as well . I think they FINALLY got the message. Corbin's customer service has improved too , they even sent my a thank you card.

For anyone contemplating one , be sure to get one with some stitching, they add foam for it and it does make a difference.

They don't know how to match Cerulean Silver (theirs has no blue in it on my smuggler). They refused to fix it as well.