new fjr a

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mecano

Reaction score
hello every one from Hialeah I currently own a triumph tiger 1050, a good bike no question, bur FJR have every thing at least in paper, but I have a couple question, wind management and how hot the FJR can be in heavy traffic?

Last edited by a moderator:
hello every one from Hialeah I currently own a triumph tiger 1050, a good bike no question, bur FJR have every thing at least in paper, but I have a couple question, wind management and how hot the FJR can be in heavy traffic?
You might want to look at a 2011 AE. In heavy traffic the auto-shift is a god-send.

Windscreen selection is key to wind management. You'll get more opinions that needed or wanted.

I've never thought my FJR to get that hot in traffic. Roasts my feet more cruising at high(er) speeds on the highway when the pipes get hot.

You might want to look at a 2012 AE. . In heavy traffic the auto-shift is a god-send.
Um, there are no 2012 AEs..... But your point about not having to build your left hand up for clutch grip is a good one. But the auto-clutch has nothing to do with heat.

As for heat, sitting still, while seated on a 1.3-liter engine that's running, with air being forced through the radiators in front and passing over your legs.....

Nah, no heat issues at all. Not any more than any other large bile with fans blowing through radiators.

i sold my tiger 1050 to get a 2007 fjr, the tiger was a great bike that triple motor is fantastic but i got fed up being blown around on the road by the wind,the fjr has a lot better wind management ,i currently run a touring screen with laminar lip and it works for me, as for heat Ive have never noticed any heat issue in traffic no more than any other bike,i do miss the grunt of the triple motor but i would never swap it for the fjr, but when that new trophy comes out with a triple motor then that might be another story

The FJR has a decent OEM Windshield, the better option though are the aftermarket ones from CeeBailey's and CalSci. I've got a CeeBailey's and ride with my visor open no bother and the windshield up at about 3/4 of the way.

Heat? Well, she ain't as hot as my Gixxer 750, she can fry your arse in the summer and being stuck in traffic. Yet the FJR, especially Gen 2 (06 - 12) aren't getting hot, yet warm and like the fellas said, maybe the feet, as the pipes are getting hot when you go at higher speed.

I like the clutch a lot and getting stuck in traffic hasn't bothered me nearly as much, as with my Gixxer, which I had to train for it and replaced the lever for the once from Pazzo.

You might want to look at a 2011 AE. . In heavy traffic the auto-shift is a god-send.
Thanks. I fixed it.