New FJR Owner

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rampant

Reaction score
So, I am the proud owner of the bike previously called "old salt" and now called "My FJR".

I love the bike and hope to keep it for many long years and many long miles.

That said, a few questions:

I rode with a pillion (my roommate) for about 20 minutes and he complained of exhaust he getting to him through his shoes. I don't know if it was simply warm or uncomfortably hot but it bothered him. I have aftermarket Devil exhausts.

Are aftermarket exhausts hotter than stock? Are there ways of shielding the heat to help out the pillion?

Second question: I still get a good bit of vibration through the footpegs. Are there vibration damping footpegs out there?

Welcome!! Hey, post up a photo of bike and you and your location. Where do you ride?

I rode with a pillion (my roommate) for about 20 minutes and he complained of exhaust he getting to him through his shoes. I don't know if it was simply warm or uncomfortably hot but it bothered him. I have aftermarket Devil exhausts.Are aftermarket exhausts hotter than stock? Are there ways of shielding the heat to help out the pillion?

Second question: I still get a good bit of vibration through the footpegs. Are there vibration damping footpegs out there?
Bet if your passenger wears hiking boots or M/C riding boots it won't be a problem.

Vaguely recall thoughts about peg vibs when I first got the bike. Can't recall any solution that I did;

probably again try riding or hiking boots. Bet most hiking boots have generally thicker soles, cushioning.

I found that on real long days occasionally my heels would "go to sleep." I didn't feel the vibration in the pegs through my boots, but it was there just enough to cause that. I put a pair of those Dr. Scholl gel heel inserts in my boots and never had it happen again. Gel pad gloves work well if your hands are sensitive to bar vibes as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found that on real long days occasionally my heels would "go to sleep." I didn't feel the vibration in the pegs through my boots, but it was there just enough to cause that. I put a pair of those Dr. Scholl gel heel inserts in my boots and never had it happen again. Gel pad gloves work well if your hands are sensitive to bar vibes as well.
Hey Silverbullet, how have you and Jenny been lately? We miss you guys and that big guy, Sharp. Did he ever get his eye surgery fixed? Give me a holler, will you or a PM.

I was wondering if I could get pegs with rubber mounting points. Or rubber lined. Maybe I could get some rubber washers and put them there.... hrmmm

Yeah, I think the pillion was just wearing sneakers and jeans.