New Garming GPS Unit Due In October

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcfjr

Reaction score
Here's a review of the upcoming Garmin Streepilot 7200, due out in October. Features include:

• Built-in XM radio
  • Real-time traffic information
  • WQVGA 17:9 touch screen
  • View external video feeds
No word on pricing yet.

I wonder if they are going to incorporate a MP3 player with it? or xm radio only.... I don't need another monthly bill... I have like 60 gigs of my own music...

And it doesn't look like it will be waterproof, by the looks of it... hmmmmm

The Flash memory is deffinatly the key to GPS...

Last edited by a moderator:
:agent: Looks nice with all the bells and whistles . But what about blue tooth technology ?

Is there a article that shows how to properly hook up a system to the FJR ?

Thanks, Dan

This sounds very interesting. I have an AnT rearview camera setup that's kool, but takes up space. Sounds like I could use the camera from that and feed it to the new Garmin and toss the screen. Would save valuable cockpit space and place the Garmin in a better location. MP3 would be a huge plus, too.

I can certainly see me playing with that new unit until seconds before the horrible crash. Think it's too distracting for me.

I don't care what extra stuff its got, if its not waterproof its not going to make the cut for use on a motorcycle.

Garmin Street pilot circa 2002 still works for me. No support at all 1 year after I bought it tho...kinda pisses me off :assasin:

Jeff