NEW - Harbor Freight Dolly

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V GER

Reaction score
95896.gif

CLICK ME

It looks like a good idea, but if you can roll/push the bike on the dolly, than why not just ride it there in the first place?

This would be handy in a garage where you pull in and want to turn the bike around within the garage (instead of backing in or backing out). I'm going to see if the local store has one or can get one...

GREAT IDEA!Sure will allow me to make better use of the space in my garage to get my car into the garage easier.I can see how I can put one on a dolly and push it sideways against the wall.I just spent that much on new visors for my Nolan.Getting to park the car inside will make my bride most happy.

I went to HF looking for that dolly but found these instead. CLICKY

I recently moved and the current garage is barely big enough for a car. The "driveway' is loose gravel so I was not going to attempt walk the bike out backwards.

I tried this guy's idea and it was a no go for me; concrete wasn't smooth enough. So I put the carpet back down; it was a 'game' room apparently. CLICKY

After some experimenting, the finished product is a false floor made up of two 3/4" sheets of plywood with a square cut in the middle for the turnplate. The reason for the plywood is to compensate for the 1.5 inches in height of the turnplate. It is not easy to put a bike up on a sidestand when the surface is higher than the tires.

Now I just pull the bike in, put the center stand down on the plate, put all my whopping 150lbs on the rear end to lift the front wheel and walk it around. Works great.

The plates come in pairs (cars have two front wheels apparently) so I have an unused plate. If anyone is interested in buying let me know. $75 plus shipping (they are heavy, about 60lbs each). I know things are useless without pics so if interested I'll post some of those too.

hf has this for those that want to move the car, as well as the fjr, around:

93368.gif

hf also had this for those that were priced out of the soltek group buy, and like to tinker:

93255.gif

and hf has this 12v gem for those of you about to have cold weather in a month or so:

92049.gif

being a java addict, i'm seriously considering the carafe...

dana