New HD Camera with laser beam

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any chance that it "unintentionally" jams LIDAR while it's on? Seems to me that I read somewhere that the laser curb sensors have that effect.

One of the guys on our Copper Canyon trip had one and it rocked! Here's 3 clips on our trip report on ADV. One is in post #46 and then two more clips in post #58. He aimed it with the laser in the motel room the first night then never touched it. We didn't have a laptop along so we couldn't view any of it until we were back to civilization but it worked great. I was also surprised how much footage he got with the memory he used.

Been seeing on the AZ news lately a bunch of kids been getting arrested for shining their laser pointer at police helicopters. I'd advise against taking any pictures of aircraft while using any camera with a built-in laser.

Just Saying

Been seeing on the AZ news lately a bunch of kids been getting arrested for shining their laser pointer at police helicopters. I'd advise against taking any pictures of aircraft while using any camera with a built-in laser.
There was an ass-hat here (10 miles away in Rocklin), per a report within the last few months who did the same thing, twice, to a police helicopter. The first time, the helicopter pilot noted the location, and the guy promptly got a ground visit from a couple LEOs, who explained that it was illegal, could damage a pilot's vision or blind him, costing him his flying career, and that there were criminal penalties for shining those things at aircraft. Seems the ass-hat had been outside doing this with his kids, but the LEOs were cool and let him off with a warning.

A few months later, said ass-hat did the same thing again! Ground dwelling LEOs showed up again, but with less patience and forgiveness. It made the paper when he went to court, the judge was NOT amused, and ass-hat did NOT get a slap on the wrist. I don't recall how much time, but he got a significant stay, paid for by the taxpayer (though he'll likely have to kick back much of it) in the county lodging facility that doesn't have any exterior windows.

Last edited by a moderator: