New helmet lock option?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sportsguy

searchgeek - author
Reaction score
OK, so I saw this yesterday in a current magazine.

Clicky for PDF with pictures

Replaced the steering head nut, and would seem to be a decent choice.

They don't list the FJR as a fitment option, as they are targeting sportbikes (oddly, many of which already have helmet locks...LOL).

Still, if the nut size is the same, it should physically work. No idea about clearances when locking up a lid, but there we go...

sportSide.jpg

Bit spendy at $80. Can someone buy one and try it please... :D

...though I think the first step is to check the steering head nut on an R1 or R6 (supported bikes) to see if they are the same as the FJR. If not them, maybe the other models listed might have the same size head nut.

I was just perusing the parts section here to see if anyone had tried this lock from Helmet Secure that I just ran across this morning, but I wasn't looking at the sportbike model since my steering head nut is busy with my Techmount stem stand. I'm more interested in Classic model in black. Looks like I'll be riding bagless more with the new ride since I can't park the bike with bags on and the car in the garage. So a helmet lock is now of interest. Anyone tried this one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did not look to hard on that style of locks, I am riding 2 up most of the time so need the room in the cases for OTHER things, so I ordered a license plate lock that holds 2 helmets. I mail ordered from BMW.

I was just perusing the parts section here to see if anyone had tried this lock from Helmet Secure that I just ran across this morning, but I wasn't looking at the sportbike model since my steering head nut is busy with my Techmount stem stand. I'm more interested in Classic model in black. Looks like I'll be riding bagless more with the new ride since I can't park the bike with bags on and the car in the garage. So a helmet lock is now of interest. Anyone tried this one?
'chik,

Keep in mind the spot where I have mine (rear feneder). They work with/without the bags. Remember when we hung helmets and jackets at the gorge? Let me know if you need any more info, I have the pictures on the website.

Duff

Haven't tried any of the above. I used the BarEnders which were very handy. Comes with several keys and pretty easy to hang your helmet by the d-ring from the handle bar ends. Can even hang secure a jacket if you work at it.

Linky

I run the Bar Ends as well, they work great and are very good bar end weights as well and they look good too! Add a small diameter cable about 6 feet long and I can lock 2 helmets and 2 jackets at the same time.