New horns installed... FINALLY

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen

Reaction score
Many moons ago, I purchased a couple of Stebel Magnums (chrome, of course!) and FJRandy's horn harness. :rolleyes:

Today I finally got in a mood to install them. They only thing I have to do is cut the black front inside cowlings a bit so they fit around the horns

Holy shitsky, Batman! They're loud! :dribble:

Watch out cagers. We're baaaaccckkkkkk! :yahoo:

About time you got some chrome onto that thing....
:****:

Horns002.jpg

you think you're a procrastinator, I've got a MCCruise setup I've been to chicken to install that I ordered two weeks after i got my 07 home. That's at least two years now :p

Are there links to the wiring harness you mentioned for the horns? I need to upgrade mine, the last 6 months i've used the stock horns twice to great ineffectiveness.

I mounted the Magnum Blasters on my '07 FJR and was able to utilize the stock brackets. Took the stock brackets out and twisted them in a vice lined with wood as to not gouge them with the vice. I twisted the brackets about 15-20º, so the bracket is twisted and the horns mount at an angle to clear the fork tubes. The horns miss by 1/2" or more. I liked the rubber grommets on the stock mounts for the horns and their heftiness compared to the brackets that came with the horns, as well as being painted too.

Just my .02¢

FJJ'sR

Last edited by a moderator:
Many moons ago, I purchased a couple of Stebel Magnums (chrome, of course!) and FJRandy's horn harness. :rolleyes:
Today I finally got in a mood to install them. They only thing I have to do is cut the black front inside cowlings a bit so they fit around the horns

Holy shitsky, Batman! They're loud! :dribble:

Watch out cagers. We're baaaaccckkkkkk! :yahoo:
You want to come and mount mine now?? :clapping:

How did you or what did you use to mount them and how is your clearance on the fork tubes?

I used the OEM mounts. I bent the left one a little bit. There seems to plenty of room. I removed the rubber gromments.

With FJRandy's harness, it was a cinch. The biggest headache and time was removing the cowlings.

Last edited by a moderator: