New Member Intro

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt. Bob

Bilge pump. A novel idea.
Reaction score
Hello,

I'd like to take a brief moment to introduce myself. I'm Robert Berlin from Tallahassee, Florida. I just purchased an 06A from the local dealer in town. I'm coming over from the Yahoo FJ1100/1200 list and the WRiders (W650 Kawi) list. I have sold the FJ (1991) but still ride the W. I've lurked off and on for some time due to the desire to have the FJR. I reviewed several other groups and this forum seems to supply the best collection of information and discussion along with diversity. I'm sure I'll gain an all round insite into the FJR.

Thanks in advance for information I'm about to (and already have) obtain.

Robert Berlin (Capt. Bob)

Tallahassee, Fla.

Welcome aboard Captain Bob, you will love your new FJR and like many of us, will probably start modifying it with farkles to suit you i.e., GPS, throttle locks, communications gear, etc., etc.

Just out of curiosity does the Captain denote military rank, maritime position, aviation position or just a "nickname.

Welcome aboard Captain Bob, you will love your new FJR and like many of us, will probably start modifying it with farkles to suit you i.e., GPS, throttle locks, communications gear, etc., etc.
Just out of curiosity does the Captain denote military rank, maritime position, aviation position or just a "nickname.

No doubt. I've ordered sliders and need to attach the "fuzzbuster".

The Capt. comes from the charter business I ran in South Fla. many years (so it seems) ago. Still hold my Capt. ticket but have yet to run anything out of the Tallahassee region.

Thanks, it's good to be aboard.

Sounds like a floating joke....but, I'm not going there.

I still have both arms and both legs and yes I can float.

Welcome to the fun Capt. Bob. Don't let the avatars distract you from your topic and enjoy your FJR. These guys are a tad chatty, but pretty good with the info sharing and help when you need it.

You're not the only W650 guy here, so some others know how to have fun at slower speeds too. ;)