New Mitts On The Way!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twowheelnut

R.I.P. Our Motorcycling Friend
Reaction score
My old Joe Rockets gave up the ghost today - over 100,000 miles on them with my various bikes - served me well. My new Held Galaxy gloves are on the way from newenough.com $230 list, 140 net. Tried to find skyway's Racer brand find locally, but no go. I hate buying stuff sight unseen or un-tried and my local dealer had just the right Held glove, size 10, on the rack for fitting, no left and no others in stock. Woulda bought from him at a slightly higher price, but his order ain't due in until late next week and I need new mitts, NOW!

Mmmmmm, kangaroo skin! I wonder how that differs from gerbil. Bueller? Skooter?

https://www.held-usa.com/products/galaxy.shtml

My old Joe Rockets gave up the ghost today - over 100,000 miles on them with my various bikes - served me well. My new Held Galaxy gloves are on the way from newenough.com $230 list, 140 net. Tried to find skyway's Racer brand find locally, but no go. I hate buying stuff sight unseen or un-tried and my local dealer had just the right Held glove, size 10, on the rack for fitting, no left and no others in stock. Woulda bought from him at a slightly higher price, but his order ain't due in until late next week and I need new mitts, NOW!
Mmmmmm, kangaroo skin! I wonder how that differs from gerbil. Bueller? Skooter?

https://www.held-usa.com/products/galaxy.shtml
Does this mean you'll be showing these off @ WFO....just to get Radmans goat...so to speak :blink: ....

Just got my new Racer waterproof gloves in. Never thought I'd pay anywhere near $155.00 for a pair of gloves but these things are something. I can't imagine any glove giving more protection than these jobbies. Comfortable as all get out and waterproof too......doesn't get any better.

I have a pair of Lee Parks Deerskin Tours on the way that should be here this week. I tried 'em on when I was taking his clinic in Anaheim. Hopefully they'll work out well.

I prefer the marmot mitts. Camel makes a good cover, too....they just smell a little "different".

I prefer the marmot mitts. Camel makes a good cover, too....they just smell a little "different".
But are they as good as gerbil...."that is the great unanswered question"....TWN....Rad....Rogue....anyone....Bueller.....

Ooh TWN, I must reply about replacement of my own favorite gloves of more than 10+ years which recently "gave up the ghost"! Wasn't you BTW, that mentioned my left thumb pokin' out in the breeze on the "Ride for Kids"? I keep telling you to buy this brand, but for some reason you choose otherwise. Whatever Dude, I do like the brand name and have several of their goods in my moto closet dating back to vintage 1980. :eek:

So what did I buy??? Yep, same brand, same Sportbike/Road Race gloves still available after all these years. No "starwars" lumpy knuckles, just great fitting deerskin with strategically applied get-off armor. Oh BTW, although I was prepared to pay retail, ask for the "racer discount" (I didn't) which still saved me $35 + tax below online price, perhaps in part due to the amount of leather stuff I purchased there over 26 years!

<https://www.batesleathers.com/gloves.html>

Ooh TWN, I must reply about replacement of my own favorite gloves of more than 10+ years which recently "gave up the ghost"! Wasn't you BTW, that mentioned my left thumb pokin' out in the breeze on the "Ride for Kids"? I keep telling you to buy this brand, but for some reason you choose otherwise. Whatever Dude, I do like the brand name and have several of their goods in my moto closet dating back to vintage 1980. :eek:
So what did I buy??? Yep, same brand, same Sportbike/Road Race gloves still available after all these years. No "starwars" lumpy knuckles, just great fitting deerskin with strategically applied get-off armor. Oh BTW, although I was prepared to pay retail, ask for the "racer discount" (I didn't) which still saved me $35 + tax below online price, perhaps in part due to the amount of leather stuff I purchased there over 26 years!

<https://www.batesleathers.com/gloves.html>
Hey, don't think I didn't want to buy those, Jeff! What being named after me and all... :D But no family discounts, doncha know? Too, after seeing that ZX10 high side a couple of weeks ago I thought the extra armor might some day be useful. I'm still thinking about the Bates' for work-a-day use, tho.

I have the Held "Steve" gloves and like them a lot. My only complaint is that I wasn't able to try them on and I think the size I got (11) was a little small for me, but they've stretched out now and fit...well, like a glove.

I returned the Racer Highend and Multitop gloves MotoS. sent me... for evaluation purposes (since they didn't have the size I needed). Waiting on sufficient kangaraoo carnage to get a set of Medium Multitops in the US of A. Hopefully in the next week or so. Looked at the Helds too... quality gloveage there...

Last edited by a moderator:
gloves.jpg

And beware all who attend the WFO, as TWN skips around, sporting the new gloves, saying; "Now, turn your head and cough..."

Hey Rad,

Maybe a pair of those in Coyote would be appropriate as a guest gift to Warchild for WFO.

I have the Held "Steve" gloves and like them a lot. My only complaint is that I wasn't able to try them on and I think the size I got (11) was a little small for me, but they've stretched out now and fit...well, like a glove.
Those are pretty nice, too. The 10's they had on the rack had an odd seam inside, on the last two fingers, that was bothersome for me. Dunno if it was just that glove or what. The Galaxy's, like Goldie Locks would say, were just right!

-Skipping to my loo, in Santa Babs, TWN :rolleyes:

Those are pretty nice, too. The 10's they had on the rack had an odd seam inside, on the last two fingers, that was bothersome for me. Dunno if it was just that glove or what. The Galaxy's, like Goldie Locks would say, were just right!

-Skipping to my loo, in Santa Babs, TWN :rolleyes:
That seam is the VERY thing that I'm talking about. I felt it in every finger and it was quite bothersome for a while. I acutally carried two pair of gloves for a while because I could only stand to wear the Steve's for a few hours before I had to switch. Now that they're broken in (or my fingers are shorter) they're fine for all day riding. But good call on avoiding the ones where you felt the seams. :clapping:

The Lee Parks' showed up yesterday, discovered on a short stop at home between errands on the bike. I threw 'em on, wow! These things fit and feel almost like golf gloves, hard to believe they're actually protective. "Summer lovin', happened so fast...."