New Olympia Gear

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twowheelnut

R.I.P. Our Motorcycling Friend
Reaction score
Now this is interesting: One piece mesh for 300 bucks...

stealth02.jpg

More new gear from Olympia.

whew...

...for a second there I thought you were posting another gay gift to Scab. ;)

Seriously though, that suit looks like a great deal...but no hip armor...and it is cordura and not kevlar. Still sumpin' to consider for this and next summer's rides.

Looks great, but after a low-speed getoff in a mesh cordura jacket showed me just how quickly that stuff shreds, I'll probably end up dropping the $$ on some Motoport gear.

Looks great, but after a low-speed getoff in a mesh cordura jacket showed me just how quickly that stuff shreds, I'll probably end up dropping the $$ on some Motoport gear.
Was the Cordura jacket a 500, 620 or 1,000 Denier???? There is a 1:5 factor difference in pounds to tear and 1:2½ cycles to failure between the 500 and the 1,000……..

I saw the photos posted of the low-speed get-off damage results and was quite impressed….. just not very positively……did not look very good to be from a low impact rash maker…. Glad the armor did it job, but one does have to wonder how long it would be held in position in a higher impact test…..

To hell with the dude in the suit! Can someone please move Mr. Gay Pose Biker Dude so I can ogle the Paul Smart Duc behind him..?? :p

BTW: Just picked up a set of the Firstgear TPG riding wear; the Rainier jacket and Escape pants. Spendy yes, but truly outstanding quality. (As an aside, whomever designed this gear is a genius. The little touches such as zipper and pocket placement are things that you might not think about, but make absolute perfect sense when you see/use them. Oh yes, there are pockets everywhere!)

Last edited by a moderator:
MO143

MSRP $299.99

Sizes S - 4XL

Outer shell constructed in [SIZE=14pt]500 denier Dupont Cordura®[/SIZE] with ballistic airflow mesh panels.

EZ entry and exit heavy duty torso to knee and full length side leg zippers.

Removable CE approved Motion Flex armor at elbows and shoulders

Removable CE approved Motion Flex articulated back protector

Cool mesh airflow lining

Custom Fit detailing at collar, cuffs, elbows and waist.

Comfort neoprene collar and neck inserts

3M Scotchlite® reflective piping at front, sides and back.

Removable and adjustable height CE Motion Flex armor at knees

Five storage pockets

EZ Hem bottoms

Last edited by a moderator: