New Rifle

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angus

Angus
Reaction score
My rifle windsheild finally came yesterday only took a few minutes to install.I rode to work today 55 miles it's a lot quiter than the Yamaha touring sheild.I still have a little wind noise in the up position. But the roaring is gone. Maybe some of it from cheap helmet over all it is a huge improvement over stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Angus,

Which rifle screen did you get? I ordered the sport one for my '05, and the est. delivery is for Monday. Not that there's a rush since it's f-ing snowing out right now.

Also, are you using the tuning block?

My rifle windsheild finally came yesterday only took a few minutes to install.I rode to work today 55 miles it's a lot quiter than the Yamaha touring sheild.I still have a little wind noise in the up position. But the roaring is gone. Maybe some of it from cheap helmet over all it is a huge improvement over stock.

[SIZE=12pt]Only hearsay without pics! :rolleyes: [/SIZE]

Did you get any buffetting from the Yamaha Touring shield? If so is it better with the Rifle? I usually get pretty clean air in the down position with the yamaha touring shield but get buffeting when its raised. With todays strong headwind on my long ride I got a little buffeting even in the down position. The yamaha shield is noisy.

Did you get any buffetting from the Yamaha Touring shield? If so is it better with the Rifle? I usually get pretty clean air in the down position with the yamaha touring shield but get buffeting when its raised. With todays strong headwind on my long ride I got a little buffeting even in the down position. The yamaha shield is noisy.
I've got a Rifle too, second* best farkle I've ever purchased. Much quiter than stock in any position.

(*My Russell is in 1st place)

Latest posts