New seat, now sense of direction is off

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonewall

Reaction score
Finally got around to replacing the stock seat with a Day Long Saddle. Work was done about 2 months ago, took them 2 days to do it and I had the seat back a couple days later. All in all, couldn't ride for 2 weeks from the time I shipped it them and got it back. Really like the new seat, put about 2,000 miles on it. Love the work and the company was excellent to deal with. No complaints from me or the wife who is much happier with the ride and we can go for longer rides now. Plus I got a Givi top box for her to lean against, so all is good in the 2-up department.

Here's where things started getting weird. I've noticed that since I've gotten the new seat my sense of direction is way off. I keep missing my exits on my normal ride home from work and have to keep going down the road. I must miss at least a dozen exits that will get me home. What normally is a 19 mile commute home now turns in to a daily commute of 50+ miles. I find myself on back roads and going down country lanes. It's taking me more than an hour to get home rather than the normal 20 minutes. My Garmin Zumo is acting up as well. It can't seem to get me home now. I've tried the online updates from Garmin but that doesn't help. I may have to send it in for service to see what's wrong with it. It's really frustrating because I pride myself on my sense of direction and ability to get form point A to point B without any problems. Who would have thought a seat would have this effect on technology?

Guess I'll just have to suck it up and accept a longer commute through the backwoods that allows me to decompress from work before getting home. Oh, and another thing. Since I got the seat, my tires are wearing out faster. What's up with that? The technology on these Jap bikes that connect rubber wear to the seat still confuses me. Oh well, maybe I'll figure it out on my long commute home tonight.

Sounds like my 16 year old son suffers from a similar affliction. Since he got his license the grocery store is at least 2X further from our house.

:) :lol: :) :lol:

We're all afflicted in the same way...there's no such thing as point A to point B any more!

Glad to hear you're enjoying the new seat.

--G