New tall windscreen

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrfah

Reaction score
After a just a few hundred miles with the new tall windscreen I am happy with it. Remember I'm 5'8" so as I felt from the beginning the added 4 inches should work fine for me. I have no experience with any other screen aside from the stocker and I'm sure the others have their strong points but for the money I'm happy. $118 out the door and it took 2 days to get here.

I'm happy with mine also. I'm 6 feet. Personally, I enjoy riding with it down, but when Stella's on the back, I raise it full up at highway speeds. At full height all I hear is engine noise.

I'm happy with mine also. I'm 6 feet. Personally, I enjoy riding with it down, but when Stella's on the back, I raise it full up at highway speeds. At full height all I hear is engine noise.

'Moon

Yer a lucky guy! That is to say, with your screen up to create the quiet envelope with Stella on pillion, you get to hear engine MUSIC...what I get to hear with my s/o on the back is NOISE from her vocal cords! Sigh..........

JC

I have been running with the Yamaha Touring Screen from the day I picked up my 08. Was working great for me at 6'1" even though the wind caught about the top inch or two of my helmet. Then I put on the Heli Triple Clamp and now I have some buffeting and blurred vision in the full up position. No big deal for me as I like to run with it down or about half down with exception of severe weather. Overall for the money I am happy with it.

Glad to hear some positive feedback on the Yammie touring screen. I am definately considering getting one for when the weather turns colder. In the lowest position, does it still provide adequate air?

Glad to hear some positive feedback on the Yammie touring screen. I am definately considering getting one for when the weather turns colder. In the lowest position, does it still provide adequate air?
yes-good air flow when lowered works well in south tx summer heat-its an all season shield and looks right on bike does not have the barn door look llike some of the other shields had.

I have a brand new touring for 08.... went with a c-baily instead..... any takers.......

Changed mine out as well. 4" makes a big difference..

Hey NEWTON: How are those HELI's working for you?

I also swapped mine out for the yamaha touring shield. At around $100 cheaper, I decided that route and glad I did. I'm 6'2" at it works great. I ride most of the time in the down position, but in bad weather or through bug storms it's great to have up.

I have a brand new touring for 08.... went with a c-baily instead..... any takers.......

I don't plan on changing this touring screen, it provides be with adequate air no problem.

After a just a few hundred miles with the new tall windscreen I am happy with it. Remember I'm 5'8" so as I felt from the beginning the added 4 inches should work fine for me. I have no experience with any other screen aside from the stocker and I'm sure the others have their strong points but for the money I'm happy. $118 out the door and it took 2 days to get here.
Hmmmmmmmmm.......... I thought the touring shield was closer to 3 inches taller instead of 4 inches. Does anyone know this for sure?

GP