new tires

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krotchrocketgrampa

Reaction score
have an 09,with 4,300 miles on it. and when cleaning bike ,noticed, front tire was really getting cupped,big suprise.as i am anal about air pressure.

manual says 36 psi in front and 42 psi in rear.bike felt squirlly ,got info on this site to increase front psi to 40 psi and that did the trick.

I put on new dunlop roadsmarts.had this tire on my ST honda and got 12 k on it and still had tread,and rode it like I stole it.

am suprised that yamaha put such a soft tire on this bike.

got a good deal on tires,at procaliber of vancouver washington,$311.00 mounted on bike. done while I waited

will update as miles mount up

pressure matter alot as does how loaded the bike is (I'm 200# with additional 30# of gear and spares) with stock old worn out shock on hard.

I run at least 40# in front and 42# plus in rear. I run PR2's.

hope this helps

just my 1.5 cents.

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'

have an 09,with 4,300 miles on it. and when cleaning bike ,noticed, front tire was really getting cupped,big suprise.as i am anal about air pressure.manual says 36 psi in front and 42 psi in rear.bike felt squirlly ,got info on this site to increase front psi to 40 psi and that did the trick.

I put on new dunlop roadsmarts.had this tire on my ST honda and got 12 k on it and still had tread,and rode it like I stole it.

am suprised that yamaha put such a soft tire on this bike.

got a good deal on tires,at procaliber of vancouver washington,$311.00 mounted on bike. done while I waited

will update as miles mount up

Does that include stems, balancing and tax? Might make my way down there.

Last edited by a moderator: