New TomTom Rider, v2

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcfjr

Reaction score
I'm very happy with my Zumo 550, but saw this come across the wire on Engadget and thought someone might be interested:

We knew the RIDER 2nd Edition couldn't be far off, given the PR leakage a few months ago, but TomTom is finally fessing up to the new motorcycle-centric model. The 2nd Edition RIDER brings with it a new waterproof design, redesigned rugged "RAM" mount and bike dock, in-helmet Bluetooth headset for working phone calls and listening to spoken instructions off of the device and an optional car setup kit for boring four wheel usage. The unit runs a 3.5-inch QVGA touchscreen, 380MHz processor, 32MB of RAM, pre-loaded 1GB SD card with US and Canada maps, and measures two inches thick. Of course, none of this rugged GPS action comes cheap: the RIDER 2nd Edition will run you $700 at retail, and is available now.
TomTom press release

Great minds think alike. Not that I want a Tom Tom. But I do like to check out Engadget from time to time. Gadgets are COOL! ;)