New Top Case Question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lambo

Reaction score
I just received an OEM top case from my dealer......free might I add. But...I dont know what year it is, how can I tell the year? What assembly kit will I need. Will other possible years fit my 09?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just received an OEM top case from my dealer......free might I add. But...I dont know what year it is, how can I tell the year? What assembly kit will I need. Will other possible years fit my 09?
The cases are the same for ALL years, but the mounting plate is slightly different. Does your case have a metal plate on the bottom? That would indicate it has had the recalled reinforcement....that's good. Try asking if any members here have a Gen II mounting plate, or you could try eBay.

The cases are the same for ALL years, but the mounting plate is slightly different. Does your case have a metal plate on the bottom? That would indicate it has had the recalled reinforcement....that's good. Try asking if any members here have a Gen II mounting plate, or you could try eBay.

No metal plate on the bottom.

"...I dont know what year it is, how can I tell the year?"
I always just look on the day's paper. Like right below the name of the paper up there, the Times, or the Post or whatever. It always tells you right there. Right now it's 2009.

Dealers are giving away free top cases now? Business must be SLOOOOOW.