New Topic For An Old Topic

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05fjrBluedevil

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm purchasing a windshield for the ride to EOM, 5'9" tall.

Has anyone tried the two piece shields?? Like em dont like em.

Please let me know as I need to get it oprdered by the 6th thx MIke

Well the one pictured is what I saw, wonder if anyone out there actually has it on the fjr. It looks like in summer it would be perfect for those that cut off their shields I just wish it was wider at the bottom.

It would be fine if no back pressure came with it, wonder how tall it is?

Last edited by a moderator:
My brother recently purchased a German shield for his V-Strom (formerly mine), which has an adjustable upper wind deflector. It's supposed to act like an adjustable laminar lip.

Unfortunately, he found that he couldn't tune the wing to get into any sort of quiet zone. Is this the type of screen you're talking about?

One of the guys @ work bought the MRA for the Kawasaki ZRX1200. He LOVES it and for him to say that it must be good because he's like the kid Mikey on the T.V. ads, hates everything. Really thinking of gettting one for the FJR. Last week a site called Twisted Throttle had a sale on the FJR screen.

saw on on a bike at the cfo looked kick ass.

have a pick of it some whare will look for i t

Here's a pic from Twisted Throttle and their link. MRA windshield

5113-500x600.jpg

Trying to convince myself its not nearly as fugly as the laminar lip...Would like just a touch more 'cone of silence' than offered by my Rifle touring screen.....