New touring helmet - Shoei Qwest

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SouthernCruizer

Is it Beer:30 yet?
Reaction score
They claim to have developed the "finest touring helmet on the road". Clicky to see for ya self!

************************************************************************************

shoeiqwest.jpg

Looks like a winner next spring. I wish Shoei would get on board with a internal shade to eliminate the need for sunglasses. This might be the only deal-breaker for me.

Looks like a sweet new helmet. I'm glad shoei hasn't started adding that stupid flip down sunglass thing like most helmets due today. I personally can't stand them. I'd rather have a clear and dark smoke shield to swap back and forth with. I always have one or the other in my tank bag. Damn my multitec is the quietest helmet I have owned to date I can't imagine a quietier helmet.

Reviews are good.

My only unanswered concern is the fog free claim, that has not been confirmed in reviews due to weather conditions at the time of review.

My RF1000 fogged up badly prior to replacing the shield with a Pinlock. Just something I would like to know up front before buying another helmet.

I may be delusional, but I could swear I saw one of these helmets at Lone Star BMW here in Austin painted hiviz yellow, like my Scorpion.

I may be delusional, but I could swear I saw one of these helmets at Lone Star BMW here in Austin painted hiviz yellow, like my Scorpion.
Shoei does do corvette yellow cuz it matches some bikes but not so HiViz as the Scorpion, Nolans, etc.. Not that I am looking specifically anymore, but did do some research for it last year when I decided on the RF-1000. I read where Shoei did some HiViz colors in specific helemts for awhile, but canned the colors in recent years, but still do the bright yellow.

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing that bothers me about this helemt, is that it is cheaper than the 1100. They really hype it up about the airflow, etc, but there is less than the 1100.

the dealer is ordering one of each in for me to ride and try them.