New Windshield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

playgtar

Reaction score
My new windshield for my 2005 FJR arrived a couple days ago. I ordered it from TiteBike. 4 inches higher 2 inches wider. I sent them my height and inseam and the problem I was having with the stock shield. This is what they recommended. The contour of the shield is the same as the stock, just larger. The way I understand it is they make the shield when you order it. It arrived protectively wrapped and in perfect condition.

Installation was too easy. I'd been reading on here about set screws under the W and snapped off tabs etc. I have a 2005 and didn't have any of that. I took out the seven plastic screws in the W, gently popped the old screen off and put the new one in place. Put the screws back in and made sure they were snug, but not overtightened as to not damage the plastic screws. Turned the bike on and raised and lowered the shield a couple of times to make sure all was in working order. Worked fine.

What I noticed when riding.....

In the down position position I didn't have nearly as much wind buffeting. I took it up to 60 in this position and actually found it pretty comfortable. The wind hit me in the chest, which will be nice for hot summer riding. I'm 5'10 and have a 32 in inseam. With the stock shield in the up position I had a lot of noise and helmet buffeting. The wind seemed to catch the top of my helmet. With the new 4in taller screen I was in a clear zone. Every now and then I would get a little wind blast across the top of the helmet. This shield doesn't have a flip on the top. I also am looking through the shield. This may annoy some, I kind of prefer it. I'm used to it since I came from a cruiser with a large shield due to being a former contact lens wearer. The wind would dry my eyes out. Wind noise was drastically reduced. Which for me is a real plus. I did notice my back was a little colder with the shield all the way up, and I felt a little back pressure. I also noticed my throttle hand didn't hurt as much as usual. I don't know if this is due to the screen being 2in wider and deflecting some of the wind off on my hands. The wind also comes around the shield a bit and and I could feel it on my sides at expressway speeds. On the highways I didn't even notice it. The wife says she still gets the wind though. So if your passenger comfort is important, you may want to consider a different design. This shiled has the same contours as the stock, just 4in higher and 2 in wider. Cost was $126.00.

Hope this info is useful to those considering a new shield. I also cleaned it up with Plexus after the ride. This stuff is an amazing cleaner for plastics. I used it on the fairings as well and would highly recommend it. Happy riding.

I ride wearing an HJC Symax Helmet.

Last edited by a moderator:
My new windshield for my 2005 FJR arrived a couple days ago. I ordered it from TiteBike. 4 inches higher 2 inches wider. Cost was $126.00.
Thanks for posting your review. Always good to hear about other options.

Not to say anything bad about your purchase, but the Vstream shield costs the same if you order it from Gary at Mondak motors (shipping is extra, but very cheap).

OK, unless I am missing something, that is a Cee Baileys windscreen. I bought mine directly from them and paid about the same price "

https://www.ceebaileys.com/yamaha/fjr1300sel.html

Most folks here like the "top flip" screen. I bought mine +4 taller and +4 wider BTW without the flip and am pretty happy with it.

There is also these folks that make a "knock off" of the Cee Bailey it seems:

https://tinyurl.com/mnuwde

Am guessing the "Titebike" folks are not making the shields themselves but are having one of the above do it...if yours says Titebike on it instead of Cee Bailey.

BTW, the Monsterflow one looks new, anyone have one?

https://www.ceebaileys.com/yamaha/fjr1300monsterws.html

KM

Last edited by a moderator: