• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

NEW (worn for 1/2 hour) Olympia Dakar Jacket XL Neon Yellow/Black

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill

Reaction score
I’ve worn Aerostich Jackets since the beginning of the company, but recently decided to get a jacket that would provide SERIOUS airflow in Michigan’s summer heat and humidity.

When I opened the box and saw the Dakar Jacket I really liked the way that it looked, and couldn’t wait to try it out in Michigan’s 94 degree, 50% humidity weather.

It took exactly 26 miles, and ½ hour of time to know that it felt like I was only wearing a t-shirt and it also only took 26 miles and ½ hour of time to know that I don’t enjoy riding in anything other than Aerostich jackets.

The jacket is in perfect, just-out-of-the-box condition and will ship in the box that it came in and all of the tags will be in the box.

The photo is a stock photo as the jacket looks exactly like the photo as it was worn for only ½ hour and suffered ZERO “bug strikes”.

The size is XL Refer to the Olympia sizing chart at their website.

$300 SHIPPED to CONUS PM me for PayPal address.

Description from Olympia’s website:

Equally suited for on and off road adventures, Olympia’s Dakar Dual Sport jacket delivers the ultimate in multi-season riding comfort. Equipped with a sporty two stage, wind and waterproof, Thermolite insulated liner jacket, this style delivers true multi season riding comfort. Its unique "Three Layer Systems Design” allows you to customize its function by simply adding or removing appropriate layers as needed.

Layer One - Consists of a rugged outer shell cut in authentic Cordura nylon with ballistic mesh panels for maximum airflow and superior abrasion resistance. Two flap covered chest pockets plus two zip flap lower cargo pockets and a waterproof back pocket offer multiple storage options. For added safety in low light situations, 3M Scotchlite reflective material is located at the chest, shoulders, collar and back.

Layer Two - Consists of a sporty two stage waterproof breathable liner jacket cut in rugged rip stop nylon and features mandarin style knit trim collar, two waterproof zipper pockets plus an interior cell phone pocket. Forget having to stow away extra personal gear as this liner pulls double duty as functional sportswear.

Layer Three - Consists of a removable thermal layer with authentic Thermolite insulation. This zip in, zip out feature insures multi-season riding comfort through a wide range of temperatures and weather conditions.

Features:

Outer shell constructed in 500 denier Cordura fabric with ballistic airflow mesh panels

Waterproof, Thermolite insulated two-stage liner jacket

Removable CE approved Motion Flex armor at elbows and shoulders

Removable CE approved Motion Flex articulated back protector

Cool mesh airflow lining

olympia_dakar_jacket_detail_zpsgd15tjt4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: