New Yamaha Bolt

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think Star (yamaha) makes the best looking cruisers out there...but...i aint in the market for a cruiser, and havent been for at least 10 yrs now. I think it will be a good seller at that price.

Might be they are testing the waters?? Seems like the last few new cruisers jumped up in displacement a couple years into production.

I cannot help but appreciate the look of it although I don't want it. It reminds me of the Honda Shadow RS 750. I rode one of those a couple of years ago and was ashamed of myself because I actually enjoyed riding it. Of course, I only enjoyed it for about 50 miles, then I was more than ready to get back on something with a real seat.

I wish they would have come out with it last year when the wife wanted to down size from her VTX 1300. I couldn't find many options with a larger engine, less rake and trail and less weight. I had to do the unthinkable and allow a sportster custom 1200 in the garage. Now I've created a monster in the fact that harley has lots of nice things that say Harley on it.
black%20eye.gif

If it were a twin I wanted, I would go the 'full monty' and get a Harley (but that is what choice is about); you make your choice(s) and you take your chances.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw this bike for the first time last week in person at a local dealership. The dealer says it's their best selling bike right now! I can see why. It's at a low price point and most people can afford it, it has that badass custom bobber or sportster look and it's a Yamaha. And as mentioned above new male riders or woman riders could easily handle this bike. Obviously this is just what I call a little "bar bike". Just something to literally ride around town and ride to the bar on....which lets face it....is what the majority of bikers do.

But I've always liked bobbers as 3rd or 4th bike. Just a little toy to play with. Looks like Yamaha is doing well with it so far.

Bolt_zps77972bde.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: