New Yamaha version touring tankbag?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyway

Reaction score
Anyone in 'Yurup tried the new version touring tank bag?

www.yamaha-motor-europe.com/accessories/Tankbag

YMD200109500_HR.jpg

Looks like the side bags have changed slightly as well across the pond?

YMD200106010_HR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have one, but that's a nice looking piece. Are they available in the States?

I don't have one, but that's a nice looking piece. Are they available in the States?
Nope, hence the original question posed to riders in 'Yerp. IIRC, there's a dealer in Nova Scotia who imports the 'Yurpeein stuff. It might be worth a "look-see" as to the cost.

Side bags look like the ones distributed in Canada. What do the older ones look like?
The side case liner bags themselves look like the ones delivered with my 2007, but the stitched Yamaha logo is centered on the side of mine. The top flap is labeled left and right in the center and "performance touring" on the velcro part of the top flap. Why they go to the trouble of making different bag liners for different markets beats me.

The touring tank bag looks a little larger than I would like, but it is a "touring" tank bag right?

David

Damn that tank bag is huge... I have a Bagster tank bag and i have to keep the top part zipped up or it get in my way .... Damn short poeple.. :blush2: . I cant reach the handle bars with it open all the way

That is one large bag! I'd likely go with the Tourmaster tri bag first. I just got this nice looking Nelson Rigg expandable tankbag for longer trips to use instead of my daily Cortech super mini:

g18039.jpg

Steve

Last edited by a moderator: