Newbie Hole Shots and PCIII

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garyb541

Reaction score
I am sure this question has been asked before. But I would like a straight answer with out a lot of running around.

I just purchased a 2006 FJR and in the last few weeks have logged about 3,000 miles. I love the bike it only had 1,300 miles on it when I purchased.

I was wondering if anyone has the Hole Shot slip on exhaust and PCIII? I would like to hear from those that have this combination and find out the following.

1. Does this combination affect the power noticeably?

2. Would you recommend this combination to someone after your experince?

3. How much did the exhaust level increase? I wouldn't mind a little volume increase.

4. Will it hurt to run just the slip on exhaust for a while with out adding the PCIII?

I have a local dealer that is a Power Commander dealer and has a dyno. He want $200 to install and dyno my bike to set up the PCIII is this a far price???? Where is the best place to purchase the Power Commander? He wants $349????

I have enough money to purchase the Hole Shot's and would like to ride for about a month before adding the PCIII. Let me know your thoughts. Will it run lean and hurt the engine?

I also have seen some posts and it sounds like the MPG read out on the combo gauge will no longer be accurate if the PCIII is installed. Is this true?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

I am sure this question has been asked before. But I would like a straight answer with out a lot of running around.
That'l cost you some cool hard cash around here.

For free we'll give you a straight answer, but it will come with a lot of run-around.

Latest posts