Newbie with a 2009

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mohan

Reaction score
(1). Any recomendations for No Cut Frame Sliders?

(2). For those of you - who have toll tags -- Where do you put them on?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just put OES sliders on my 09 , piece of cake, and reasonably priced.

There are many no-cut sliders on the market for the GENII FJR's. Although you will get a multitude of answers, just make sure the slider has a steel sleeve to allow proper torque for the lower engine mount bolts.

I'm partial to these GSG Moto as the quality is not suspect. They are kinda spendy though...

Another alternative is:

Motovation

Good luck with the search...you can also find many, many threads on the subject with a google search.

--G

Welcome to the forum from Arizona!

As far as sliders? There are plenty being offered. But....................... if your pockets are filled with cash and you desire the best, go with a set of Meissner sliders. Made in Germany and are by far, the best!

As far as the toll tag, I have mine under the passenger seat, all the way back. Seems to work fine.

Welcome to the forum! I have the Motovation sliders on my 07 and they are fine.... altough I haven't actually tested them yet.

+1 on the Motovation sliders, although I haven't utlized them yet. My old man has an FJR that he has dropped a couple times (old age) and his motovation frame sliders definately saved him tons of dough - just some scratches on his side bags.

If I'm going to need my toll pass (IPASS here in Illinois) I put inside my dowco rallypack which is just a magnetic mappack on the tank. On top of a tankbag would do fine as well. I tried putting the IPASS on a tailbag but the tollboth couldn't read it a few times.

Enjoy your new ride - it is an awesome bike!

On the toll tag I have mine stuck in top of the tail section.

Behind the pillion seat.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 on the GSG Moto. I had the dealer put them on when they assembled the bike from the crate. You can also get removable caps that take the scrunch from a tip-over - taken advantage of that feature already (I don't want to talk about it).

ian

If you're just running around the metroplex on the Tollway/Bushway/121 you don't really even need the tolltag. The NTTA will just match your license against your account and deduct the toll. Just make sure you have the bike's plate number entered against a specific tolltag ID in their database. The only time you really need the tolltag is for gated access; e.g. parking at DFW. Not sure about out of town tollroad use, such as the beltway in Houston.

Why are you riding your FJR on these roads anyways - they all suck!

Why are you riding your FJR on these roads anyways - they all suck!
I know -- Trying to put some miles while i drive to work; Touring coming a little later this summer - Arkansas & San Antonio

I just put OES sliders on my 09 , piece of cake, and reasonably priced.

hmm.. Did you use Power tools to remove the mounting screws to let the OES Sliders in? It did not move a thing when i gave all my effort. May be i should buy some power tools or build some muscle.. :)

When i was living in n.y the ez pass office has them . They are velcro . I mounted it on the in side of the sheild . C all your local pass co .

When i was living in n.y the ez pass office has them . They are velcro . I mounted it on the in side of the sheild . C all your local pass co .

From my experience I wouldn't reccomend this :angry:

Although the velcro they supply is pretty hefty, I was riding on RT 95 at 5 am when I crossed into NY and hit a pothole in the dark. The little bugger bounced off my tank then my leg and then onto 95 at 70 mph. I hesitated in deciding whether to stop or not so when I finally did I had to walk back 1/2 mile. There is was in the left hand lane (3 lanes wide). So in the dark I played frogger & retrieved it. It has worked fine even though there were tire tracks on it. :rolleyes: (well up to my last ride when it finally seems to have crapped out)

I now keep it in the map window of my tank bag when on a long ride or in my jacket pocket if I don't have the bag.