Nice farkling tool

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jestal

Reaction score
Occasionally Harbor Frieght has something on sale that catches my eye...... Check out the cordless rotary tool kit they are currently selling for $19.99.

The kit seems to be exactly the same as https://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...temnumber=92880 but the sale item in the store is item number 92976. I don't know why item 92976 doesn't show up on their website but it is in the stores and in their latest flyer.

I couldn't resist. For 20 bucks a cordless "dremel" with two batteries and a charger in a case with some bits is a gift. It works quite well. I just used it to cut the heads off some rivets in my wheeled briefcase (replacing the worn out OEM wheels with some HiPerf inline skate wheels....you can even farkle a roller case) and the performance was equivalent to my corded dremel and one battery did the job.

Tested and recommended by Big Al's Budget Shop Tools testing division.

hmmm. Harbor Freight......The wifey makes me stay away from that place unless she is with me.

:lol:

hmmm. Harbor Freight......The wifey makes me stay away from that place unless she is with me.
IMO, they lose a lot of business in my town by locating their stores in low-income areas. They recently opened another location, but it's still a half hour journey. I know that place makes money, 'cause I've been to container sales where the prices are about what HF pays for their stuff. That was dangerous! Grab a shopping cart and fill it with tools!
I have a flex-shaft corded Sears dremel clone that comes in too handy, even if I have to plug it in. Recently added a drill bit chuck to it for precision drilling jobs in tight places for about 10 bucks. A+ recommended.

I thought I was done buying tools, at least until spring. However, I just got a nice big set of new Dremel bits for Christmas and now I can't resist having a cordless tool to spin them with.

I have quite a few Harbor Freight tools and they are generally lower quality than the more expensive tools but they always perform very well for the price.

Thanks Jestal.

I'll have to look when I go back to exchange my socket set, bought a 1/4 drive metric socket set and on the way home it morifed into a standard size set.

Harbor Freight......The wifey makes me stay away from that place unless she is with me
+ 1

On a recent US vacation I entered a Lowe's and exited with a huge toolbox on casters filled with all kinds of goodies that I eventually had to check in for the flight back to Europe. The folks at the X-Ray scanning machine at Raleigh-Durham airport had a field day trying to figure out what was in it...

And then when I opened it back home it was suddenly Christmas in August :yahoo:

Stef

Last edited by a moderator: