Nitron Shock Absorber

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DennisJ

Reaction score
Has anyone here installed one of the Nitron shocks? I didn't see any results in a search Nitron Shock site:FJRForum. or for just Nitron

Has anyone here installed one of the Nitron shocks? I didn't see any results in a search Nitron Shock site:FJRForum. or for just Nitron
I just used the built-in search for Nitron on the board and got 9 hits (including this thread).

I had a long and informative E mail exchange with them and ordered a shock with remote preload.All inquiries and a missing part(adapter bushings) were dealt with promptly-was a great company to do business with.Very happy with the product but at the first rebuild I may go with a slightly lighter spring as I don't ride with a pillion much. Jeff

I had a long and informative E mail exchange with them and ordered a shock with remote preload.All inquiries and a missing part(adapter bushings) were dealt with promptly-was a great company to do business with.Very happy with the product but at the first rebuild I may go with a slightly lighter spring as I don't ride with a pillion much. Jeff
Thanks Jeff. I plan on having my forks serviced and the springs replaced this winter at KFG Suspension during the group buy and am looking for a lower price shock than the Penske 89xx series they are offering. See 8th Annual . . . in Group Buys for details. The shock replacement looks like it will provide several hours of quality time in the garage with my '09. Shock, forks and a new front tire and I will be ready for warmer weather in about 5 months.

I just used the built-in search for Nitron on the board and got 9 hits (including this thread).
Thanks Ross, I didn't try the built-in search because I have always had better results using a Google search. I'll remember to try the built-in search as it appears to return better results, at least for this search.

I have had a Nitron shock on the bike for ~4 years. Absolutely no problems for me but I always ride solo. They offer (and I have used) an excellent service/re-build arrangement. Very easy for anyone this side of the pond, not sure how cost effective it would be paying for transit to & fro.

Also ride solo on my 2009. The USA vendors makes this statement on their site: Completely rebuildable/re-valvable with rapid maintenance and support service from Pak-Meister

No mention of where the service is carried out but since the shock is assembled in the US I would hope the service is done here also. Otherwise, as you point out, it probably would be a cost effective solution

Latest posts