NKY advice?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdrianNKY

Reaction score
Thinking about taking a nice Ride this Sunday. I'm stuck in Montana this week on biz again but looks like Sunday will be nice in the NKY area. I normally just tool around whatever roads I think look good and rely on GPS to return me home. I'm thinking maybe exploring either SE Ohio depending on how far it would be or more SE KY.

I've gone south of Florence/Union area down to about Georgetown which is about as far as I've gone. I've heard there are some great roads east of Lexington or farther east.

Not lookign for the most technical road on the planet. Would like to combine some nice wick it up areas with some possible sight seeing. Any from the area have any suggestions?

Keep in mind I've only been in the area for just over a year so other than the infamous seafood buffet on 10/22 I've not learned some of the great roads yet.

I'll keep an eye on this thread.

There's 20 through the hash.

10 and 22 are pretty good ;) It depends on where you want to start from.

17/177/159 are decent.

22 out of Falmouth, over to 10.

Lots of options.

Thinking about taking a nice Ride this Sunday. I'm stuck in Montana this week on biz again but looks like Sunday will be nice in the NKY area. I normally just tool around whatever roads I think look good and rely on GPS to return me home. I'm thinking maybe exploring either SE Ohio depending on how far it would be or more SE KY.
I've gone south of Florence/Union area down to about Georgetown which is about as far as I've gone. I've heard there are some great roads east of Lexington or farther east.

Not lookign for the most technical road on the planet. Would like to combine some nice wick it up areas with some possible sight seeing. Any from the area have any suggestions?

Keep in mind I've only been in the area for just over a year so other than the infamous seafood buffet on 10/22 I've not learned some of the great roads yet.
the roads you want are in This thread click here Everything you need to know about SE OH roads; we had a blast!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oops! I just saw this thread! I like all that Renegade wrote - esp 10 out of Alexandria. I live really close to 10 and all I hear are sportbikes when I'm outside - and a few v-twins. One of my fav routes is 10 to 159 which drops you off on 22 in Falmouth then over to Willianstown. 159 is a really good road since they repaved last year..

I also like 10 all the way to the AA (almost to Maysville) then back to rt 8 to Augusta and take the ferry across the river to 52. It's cool just to ride the ferry!

The hash is cool but crowded....

Hey man...good to see you on the boards! Been awhile. Went out on some of the roads suggested in addition to just wingin' it and found some great routes. Damn this area has some fun roads to travel on!

Hey man...good to see you on the boards! Been awhile. Went out on some of the roads suggested in addition to just wingin' it and found some great routes. Damn this area has some fun roads to travel on!

I know...I know...

I've been doing a lot of off road racing this year and that has taken up my "riding time" - until the last 3 days...I finally got to strech some FJR legs! Ahhhhh. How sweet it is!