No more Marty Feldman mirrors!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 3386

Reaction score
Thanks to Russ Miller's advice to utilize the services of (local) Long Beach (CA) Motorsports instead of driving all the way to 'Voted #1 SoCal Yammy Shop' Rancho Cucamonga Yamaha, I now have a functional left rear view mirror on my '06 FJR. (You may recall the FJR Forum seller shaved a few $ off the asking price of his newish, 1700 mile A-model because his daughter backed her car into the FJR in their garage, badly tweaking the mirror, mount, and underlying subframe/stay.) No more Marty Feldman mirrors!

marty_feldman.jpg

Only $120 in labor costs. (1.5 hrs.) Previous owner bought and gave me a new replacement ($400) subframe, and I bought (thanks to y'all's advice) a cheap new replacement l/h mirror from Gary McCoy at Universal in North Fargo, North Dakota. Symmetry never looked better, nor did the 1973 F-150 tailgating me on the way home from the shop. Just a like a good girlfriend, you never truly appreciate a good mirror until it's not there anymore. But I digress.

With mirror and subframe straight, next projects include taller Cee Bailey windshield, Audiovox CC install (local Forum member kindly offered to assist), headlight modulators, TailBlazer and Fiamm horns (Randy's harness in hand). Already installed (included w/ bike) were Scorpio alarm, CNC sliders, SmarTire system, braided cables, freeway pegs, Grip Puppies, battery tender w/ on-bike plug, Corbin saddle and Smuggler. Seller also threw in (no charge!) Fieldsheer leather and Joe Rocket textile riding suits, Yammy casual jacket, hoodie and ballcap, Xtronic HID lights, and more stuff. Nice guy!

I was on Ortega Highway last Saturday. Who wants to ride those widowmaker hairpins with me again this Saturday?

Glad it worked out for you Lee. As you know I am going quad riding this week-end but I am certaily up for Ortega in the future.

C. R. "Russ" Miller

P.S. Your bike looks great - very clean -- I think you got the best end of the deal.

Sounds like you his the jackpot when you got that 06 Lee. :)
I lost some $$ selling my '99 ST1100, after buying it from a friend who needed to sell it. I guess karma does go around. Forgot to mention, the FJR also came w/ 4-yr extended warranty. Transfered that at the dealer yesterday.

Farkle update: swapped my stock windshield for the 'ice blue tint' Cee Bailey +2" this afternoon. As Borat says: "Niiiice."

Lee,

Sheesh! Put a warning on this post!

I turned away to talk to someone while the page was loading. When I turned around I almost shat myself! That guy is scary!