Nolan helmet - local dealers?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler

Miss Demeanor
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any shops that carry Nolan helmets in the Bay Area? I looked on their website but couldn't find a physical location. Looking for a new modular helmet and that one is on the list as well as the Shoei Neotec and the Schuberth C3 (the last two are stocked at the local BMW dealer so I can try those on there). Thanks!

I don't know if this will help you but...

I have a Nolan N-103 and have used it for over a year. It is a good helmet, it is worth the money. I call it the Nolan Noisemaker. It is NOT in the same class as the Shoei Neotec. I will have the Neotec as soon as funds are available. Again the Nolan is good, it is not great. Although I will add that my Dad crash tested his N-102 and it performed very well.

Yeah I've read several reviews on all of these helmets... it will come down to what is most comfortable and fits my noggin' best... they all differ slightly which is why I want to try one on before investing! :)

Tyler,

I've had a N102 for the last five years, and like the helmet. If you are considering the N104, I would recommend trying it it on first. I take a medium in the N102, but found that the small is a better fit in the N104.

Last edited by a moderator:
I rec'd an e-mail ad from Competition Acc. last week showing $499 for the C3 until may 31. This week at Americade the Schuberth C3 was seling for $529. I asked the rep. what had changed as last year they were firm @$699. His explaination was that th C3 pro was their push now and they were selling out the C3's. I would have bought the C3 for $529 but had just purchased a Nolan N104 last summer. You may check around and get the C3 for much less than MSRP.

Hey Tyler, The Roseville BMW shop use to stock Nolans but last time I was there it didn't have many. I was looking for the N104 myself and nada. I could have sworn a saw some Schuberths there but my wallet hurts when I look at those so divert my eyes.

Maybe your local Bimmer shop will have something?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Tyler, The Roseville BMW shop use to stock Nolans but last time I was there it didn't have many. I was looking for the N104 myself and nada. I could have sworn a saw some Schuberths there but my wallet hurts when I look at those so divert my eyes.Maybe your local Bimmer shop will have something?
Went for a visit to my local Beemer dealer (used to go there for parts when I had my Trophy)... the medium Neotec fit was very comfortable... too comfortable since we all know the pads will shift after a few months so it would be too loose... the small was just a little too small and had pressure points on my forehead... I put the Schuberth on after that and knew right away it didn't fit me properly as there were several hot spots on my head within 10 minutes... so the search continues... it all comes down to what fits one's noggin! :)

Hey Tyler, The Roseville BMW shop use to stock Nolans but last time I was there it didn't have many. I was looking for the N104 myself and nada. I could have sworn a saw some Schuberths there but my wallet hurts when I look at those so divert my eyes.Maybe your local Bimmer shop will have something?
Went for a visit to my local Beemer dealer (used to go there for parts when I had my Trophy)... the medium Neotec fit was very comfortable... too comfortable since we all know the pads will shift after a few months so it would be too loose... the small was just a little too small and had pressure points on my forehead... I put the Schuberth on after that and knew right away it didn't fit me properly as there were several hot spots on my head within 10 minutes... so the search continues... it all comes down to what fits one's noggin!
smile.png

Tyler

I am confused about your statement about the pads shifting in the Neotec. I was one the first to purchase the Neotec and I have not noticed any pad shifting.

Revzilla does carry different size pads if it becomes necessary to change them out.

I very much like the Neotec, I rate it at a 9.5 on helmet nirvana.

Good luck with your helmet search.

Went for a visit to my local Beemer dealer (used to go there for parts when I had my Trophy)... the medium Neotec fit was very comfortable... too comfortable since we all know the pads will shift after a few months so it would be too loose... the small was just a little too small and had pressure points on my forehead... I put the Schuberth on after that and knew right away it didn't fit me properly as there were several hot spots on my head within 10 minutes... so the search continues... it all comes down to what fits one's noggin!
smile.png

Tyler

I am confused about your statement about the pads shifting in the Neotec. I was one the first to purchase the Neotec and I have not noticed any pad shifting.

Revzilla does carry different size pads if it becomes necessary to change them out.

Sorry... I meant that the pads will soften or get a bit looser as you wear the helmet... moreso on the cheek pads rather than the crown... I could move the helmet around my cheek area a bit and that was brand new... it would only get looser the more I wore it. The dealer did say they could get thicker pads for the cheeks but I wanted to try out a few others before making the considerable investment. :)

smile.png

Tyler

Sorry... I meant that the pads will soften or get a bit looser as you wear the helmet... moreso on the cheek pads rather than the crown... I could move the helmet around my cheek area a bit and that was brand new... it would only get looser the more I wore it. The dealer did say they could get thicker pads for the cheeks but I wanted to try out a few others before making the considerable investment.
smile.png

It IS a considerable investment. It's wise to check out all the options.
thumbsup.gif

CIMA Int'l is the distributor for Nolan helmets in the USA. Here's some info from their website.

They should be able to provide the name of a dealer in your area. This is also the POC for

warranty repairs, etc.

https://www.nolan-usa.com/about-us/

Please feel free to contact us with any of your Nolan helmet or N-Com questions:

CIMA International, 1585 Beverly Court, Unit 118, Aurora, IL 60185
Phone: 1-866-243-5638 Fax: 1-630-701-1606
Emails: [email protected] , [email protected]

It's worth checking with the local H-D dealers in your area. I shopped helmets at the one in Bellevue while I was looking for a new helmet ( bought a Cab Yellow Nolan N-104 and really like it ) and was surprised at the range of stuff they had. More of a boutique approach than the usual store.

CIMA Int'l is the distributor for Nolan helmets in the USA. Here's some info from their website.
They should be able to provide the name of a dealer in your area. This is also the POC for

warranty repairs, etc.
The issue seems to be that, while there are several dealers who are authorized distributors for the Nolan helmets, none of them actually have any in stock in their stores. I've tried three places so far with the same story.

Latest posts