Nolan N103 question==

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zzzzip

Reaction score
N-103 owners might be able to answer this:

I'm considering the 103, but I wear glasses most of the time. How well does the built in retractable sun visor work with glasses? Is there clearance?

I sometimes wear Rayban Aviators which are not that close fitting to the face. I can't try one out unless I want to make a 200 plus round trip some place.

Thanks.

B)

Last edited by a moderator:
The point of the visor is to keep you from having to wear sunglasses. If you must wear glasses to see and they are tinted, just don't use the visor. Clearance problem solved. My brother has a N-102 and laughed when I asked him if he had worn sunglasses with it on. He said that's the reason for the visor. Knowing Nolan they realized some people will wear prescription glasses and would have allowed for that.

I have a Noland, am I missing something? I don't remember the number (102, 103) but my visor comes down over the face sheild. You can use it or not. Sometimes I use both sun glasses and the visor, being that I'll leave the visor up a bit to shade the sun that comes in at 10 or 11 oclock and be looking strait ahead thru my prescription sun glasses.

I have a Noland, am I missing something? I don't remember the number (102, 103) but my visor comes down over the face sheild. You can use it or not. Sometimes I use both sun glasses and the visor, being that I'll leave the visor up a bit to shade the sun that comes in at 10 or 11 oclock and be looking strait ahead thru my prescription sun glasses.
You likely have the Nolan N-102. The new N-103 has an internal visor. The reviews I have read have indicated that the internal visor is not that dark, but that the this is one of the only internal visors they have seen that has adequate coverage without being obstructive.

Last edited by a moderator:
The X-1002 has the external visor instead of the internal visor the 103 has. I have the X-1002. The external visor makes the X-1002 a noisy helmet without a good windshield. Glad I upgraded to a V-Stream because I'm sure this helmet would be too noisy for me with the stock screen. Webikeworld said the 103 was noisy too, but I would think it would be quieter with the visor on the inside. They also noted that Nolan recommends supplementing the visor with sunglasses in real bright light, so glasses shouldn't be an issue with the internal visor.

I didn't consider the 103 because I'm not interested in N-com, but perhaps I should have considered it since I think it would be quieter. That being said, I'm sold on the built in visor idea. Check out the review.

www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/nolan-n103/

Latest posts